CHAPTER 39

Chapter 39

"Can y'all please lighten up?" Julian asks in a small voice and I glare at him. He has put on a sharp suit now that makes him look twenty something instead of 19.

"Just open the fucking portal" I hiss.

"All this negative energy is messing with my concentra-"

"If the portal is not open in the next 30 seconds, my knife will be messing with your organs" I say calmly.

His eyes narrow on my thighs where my knife is fastened underneath my skirt and he visibly swallows. Did I mention I almost neutered him the first time I met him when he came for Julius?

He closes his eyes and traces a circle with his pen on the wall. The pen is actually bewitched so we non-demons can't see the ink and the runes that open the portal.

"What are you doing?" Alice asks, but instead of Julian answering her, it is S who speaks.

"He is drawing ruins on the wall to open the portal" S explains.

Alice nods at S, but I am sort of baffled. I didn't know that S knew about this.

"You've met a demon before?" I ask her and she shakes her head no.

"I had to write a paper on them for my Supes History class" She explains. "I saw the runes in the book Alpha Black lent me"

"You saw the runes?!" I scowl. How is that even possible? The runes cannot be seen by any supernatural being other than creatures of underworld and faes. Not even witches can see them.

"Your 30 seconds are long up Juju" LA sneers.

"Can y'all please shut up?! I really need to concentrate here" He sighs. I glare at him.

"Friendly reminder- we are going into your family's domain. You might want to drop the 'y'alls' and adopt a more formal approach" I say in a snooty voice.

He glares at me and before he can make a snide comment, the portal opens. It is a black portal and I know that even Julian doesn't know where it will spit us out.

"Who's going first?" Juju asks and everyone looks at each other.

"You" I tell him and before he can object, I push him in, his face a mixture of confusion as his body is sucked in.

"Did you see his face?!" LA asks laughing and before anyone can answer him, I push him in too.

"You're next" I tell Alice.

"Need I remind you that I am the leader" She scowls at me but I stare at her unflinchingly and with a muttered curse, she walks into the portal.

"I'll go next" S says and I nod, my mind a mess as I watch her back disappear into the portal. For some reason, my gut is telling me that this is not a good idea. That underworld is not a place for a bunch of teenagers, let alone shifters to hang out in. That chances are that not all of us will return back from this trip.

"Will the portal close after the last person on its own?" Cameron asks me and I realize that the two of us are the only ones left. And he is standing too far away from the portal.

I shrug. "No idea" I confess and motion for him to move it. "Julian will know what will happen of it"

He stares at me for a minute and then lazily walks towards the portal. I am almost tempted to tell him to hurry up, but I am not dumb. He is the to-be Alpha.

When he is a feet away from the portal, his hand latches out to grab my wrist and he pulls me in along with himself, catching me completely off-guard.