CHAPTER 48

Chapter 48

DELILAH'S POV

The atmosphere in the pack house is tense ever since Cameron left for Canada.

Ulysses is pissed at me. At me! He's got balls to be so fucking dense! Like I had Cameron at gunpoint and asked him to go to Canada, after all the supernatural activities happening there.

I chew at my bottom lip and call Ed.

He picks up on the second ring.

"Hello Darling" His deep voice drawls from the other side and I let out a smile, immensely relieved that he picked up.

"I need your help" I don't bother beating around the bush. I am too worried about my son to do that.

"What can I help you with, darling?" He asks, "I have to warn, I am rather busy these days"

"Where are you?" I ask him and he is silent for a beat before answering in a hesitant voice, "I am at the DMT centre in Canada"

The DMT stands for Delilah-Melria-Teague, and it is a free training institute for supernaturals. It was T who came up with the idea to open them, and though Mel and I are not very active there, T has dedicated all his free hours to it, with Liv right by his side.

"Cameron is going to Canada" I blurt out.

"Cameron is going where?!" He asks, bewildered.

"He has probably reached Toronto" I add.

"Is he fucking crazy?!"

"I don't know! He still believes he is not destined to be the next oracle, and left to search for the true successor" I growl.

"He is crazy!"

"I know! That boy is on a wild goose chase, Ed. And this time, I think he will really hurt himself"

"No fucking doubt about that! Do you even know what the fuck is happening here?!"

"Uh..." I have no fucking idea what is happening over there. As a matter of fact, these days, I don't know what the hell is happening anywhere. Not even in my own life.

"Demons from underground who were on the King's side are terrorising the country, because they don't have to worry about the shifters here, and they are particularly hungry for werewolves, and guess what?"

"Uh..."

"If they get their hands on your son, the one who stood by his twin, and the Queen, then they will gladly bury him. No messing around!"

My breath hitches in my throat.

"Ed..." I am worried about Artemis too now. Oh my Moon.

"Did you call Artemis?" He asks and I nod before realising he can't see me so instead answer in the affirmative.

"Are you stupid?!" He hisses.

"I didn't know the condition was this bad there!"

"That girl has barely graduated Del! And instead of allowing her to focus on her career, you are dragging her in this? After everything?!"

"Don't fucking lecture me unless it is going to make everything okay?!" I snarl.

"I'll track Cameron down" He sighs, "Just hope for everyone's sake that he stays away from Art. She already has her plate full"

"I am worried Ed" I whisper, my vision going blurry.

"You should be" He sighs, "When it comes to Cameron, half the fucking underworld wants him dead"