CHAPTER 27

Song- Back to You by Selena Gomez.

Love this song, not becauae of 13 reasons why, but because of Selena Gomez. She is a Goddess. Period.

Chapter 27

I beg him for what feels like hours, the skin on my hand where he's clutched it seems like it's on fire, and despite the tears, I am still trying to get away ftom this psychopath.

"Surrender to me, Artemis" He whispers in my ear harshly and I struggle even more against him, not wanting his proximity or his voice to sway me. I will not surrender to him. No way. Not even if I lose my fucking arm.

"Let go" I growl and wiggle even more, but his hold on my hands is iron snug.

"You know you have lost, so why struggle?" He asks in a deceptively calm voice and damn him. Damn him for being so... him.

"I have not lost" I say and push with all my might, hoping to throw him off me, but it is in vain. He just glares at me, and makes sure to put all of his weight on me this time.

"You have Artemis" He says softly, and the sudden change in his tone makes me look at him with curios eyes. This guy is sure bipolar. "You lost the day you left me"

"I... I-"

He doesn't want to hear what I have to say, so he says "Surrender now, Mate"

And just like that, my body goes limp underneath him, my head lolls sideways to give him access to my neck, showing my absolute submission.

And as I do the one thing my Pa warned me against, Never Surrender to a Man, all my mind can think is, DID HE JUST CALL ME MATE?!

He can't be my Mate. No fucking way.

This CANNOT be happening to me.

Oh my Moon. What did I do to deserve this?

'Do you really believe him?' Mia's voice snarls at me and I frown.

'If you believe him, then you are dumber than I thought' She says with disgust.

'You mean to tell me he is not our Mate?' I ask, hope bubbling in my chest.

'You don't feel any toe curling sparks do you?' She asks snidely.

'So he's not our mate?'

'I won't know for sure until you turn 18, but for now, do not be dumb enough to let him mark you' She hisses.

'What do I do then?' My desperation creeps in my voice and I feel pathetic to ask for her advice. The human side is generally supposed to be smarter than the animal...

'How am I supposed to know? Just do whatever the hell you need to do to make him let go of your hand. It is pissing me off and I swear if I take over, I will tear him into pieces' With that warning, she departs.

"What's Mia saying about me?" Ashallyn gives me a slow smile that sends a chill running down my spine. My hand is sizzling under his hold, but even after I've submitted to him, he doesn't let me go.

"I've submitted" I say through clenched teeth. "You've managed to get me exactly where you wanted me all these years, no? Now. Let. Me. Go" I bare my teeth at him, and he chuckles.

"Do you really think I am dumb enough to let you go after I've finally managed to get you?" He asks darkly and before I can tell him to fuck himself, another voice, this one much darker and scarier, speaks up.

"I, for one, think you are dumb, considering how you are claiming her to be yours, yet holding her against her will" Cameron says with a smirk.

My eyes widen, not because he's here in his birthday suit, but because he is here. In front of his twin, that he probably didn't know existed.