CHAPTER 20

Song- Back to You- Selena Gomez

Chapter 20

I stare at Zeus challenging him to say something. Anything.

I am not on his territory right now, and as a part of this pack, it is my right to run as my beast on pack land.

He doesn't say anything. No growl, no howl, nothing.

Just walks towards me and sits down on his paws, his eyes fixated on mine.

No, Mia's.

I have let Mia out, as per Gamma Hades' orders.

We do that for sometime, stare at each other, waiting for the other to blink.

Neither of us do, but Zeus gets up and walks away.

I feel a weird pang in my chest, but I ignore it and lay my head on my paws, stare at the star less sky.

My thoughts are all over the place, and though I am not going to say it anytime soon, I am glad that Hades asked me to change.

Mia needs the air.

I contemplate going to sleep here. It is so peaceful. Mia is not being difficult. My head feels awesome.

My whole damn being feels awesome.

I jerk away to miss the thing theown my way and let a small roar out at the intruder.

It's Zeus. Again.

I glare at him, wondering what that was about, when my eyes fall on the thing he threw my way.

It's a deer.

A dead deer.

I roar. My tummy growls. My mouth waters.

He takes deliberate steps towards me and pushes the meat towards me with his snout.

What is he trying to do? Offering Meat to me?

What's his endgame?

I stare at him with wide eyes, glad that Mia is as taken aback as me, because I am not sure I'd be able to stop her from feasting on the fresh meat.

He growls at me and then jerks his head down to the deer.

I take it that he wants me to have a go at it.

Uh... Okay, all our differences aside, I am not the type of the girl who denies free food.

So I dive in.

I didn't know what to expect, probably to pull the deer away as soon as I sink my teeth in it.

What I didn't expect was for him to join me.

I still, and stare at him with wide eyes, wondering what's going on with him. What's going on with Mia (she has a no-food-sharing policy). What's going on with me.

This is all so confusing!

He bares his teeth at me, blood dripping from them and jerks his head downwards again, ordering me to eat.

Hesitantly, I go back to eating, trying not to think too much about the fact that our snouts are touching. Or how his eyes jump to me ever so often and stare a bit too long.

He allows me to have the last bite, laying back on his paws to stare at me.

When I am done, I roll on my back, awwy from the bones of the deer.

Opening the pack link, I segregte the one I share with him and then, in a small voice, tell him, 'Thanks for that'

He doesn't show any response, so I close my eyes and stare at the dark sky.