CHAPTER 11

Chapter 11

"Are we going to make a habit out of it?" I startle on hearing Stella's voice and the stick in my hand nearly falls.

Whipping my head to the side, I see that she is sitting Indian style beside me with a disappointed look in her eyes.

"You scared the shit outta me!" I slap at her hand, making her scowl.

"Are we going to make a habit out of it?" She repeats making me give her a look.

"What habit?"

"You smoking on the roof in the middle of the night and me coming to drag you to training"

"You don't drag me to training"

"You're right. I don't drag you. I teleport you" she looks thoughtful and then adds, "which I won't, if I catch you smoking first thing in the morning from tomorrow, or if you leave me alone at the pack house again"

Narrowing her eyes at me, she says, "don't think I forgot about last night's betrayal"

I raise two fingers, "First- It slipped my mind that I had patrol before I committed to visiting the pack house"

Another puff, and I add, "second- I am not smoking first thing in the morning"

She looks pointedly at the lit stick in my hand and I take a slow puff before I tell her,

"I have been awake since 1 o'clock"

She frowns, "And when did you go to bed?"

"Midnight"

"Art-"

"Mia was giving me a really hard time" I confess to her as I take another puff and then crush the stick on the tile.

"Then why didn't you go for a run?" She asks.

"I can't" I sigh as I lay down on the tile to stare at the sky which is decorated with stars tonight.

"Why?"

"Because if I change into her, she gets more power than me and then takes me to places which are restricted"

"Huh?" S is all confused now.

"She just gets me into trouble" I say instead of explaining it to her.

"Oh..."

"Then you could've gone for a run instead"

"Alpha Ulysses has banned me from running at nights" Again I leave out the part that the ban is imposed because I tried to run away from the territory the night agter they brought me back from Spain.

She gives me a what the fuck? look and I look away from her and back at the sky.

"Then you could've done some Thermodynamics or Chemical Kinetics" Now it is my turn to give my best friend a what the fuck look.

She raises her hands, and looks at me with wide innocent eyes, "You'd have fallen back asleep is all I am saying"

That gets me to laugh and she smiles slightly.

"So what did you see this time?" S asks me once she has laid down beside me.

I am silent for a few minutes, knowing exactly what she is referring to, and because I am tired and I just cannot shove the dream out of my head, I tell her.

"My Mom"

She stares at me for a few seconds before looking heavenwards and says, "We gotta leave in 10 minutes"