CHAPTER 47

Chapter 47

"CARMICHAEL! CAN YOU GET MY PHONE FOR ME?!" I holler from the kitchen and hear her shout from the living room, "JUST USE YOUR FUCKING MAGIC HYBRID!"

Rolling my eyes, more at myself than at her (because she's right), I snap my fingers and on cue, my phone appears on the kitchen platform.

I look at the number and see that it's Luna- No! Aunt Delilah. She's no longer my Luna.

Accepting the call, I tease, "Did you miss me already Auntie?" We have kept in touch ever since I left. She calls me once a week and we talk for hours, talking about everything under the sun, but about the pack or her sons.

She called me a couple of days ago, so I am sort of taken aback by this sudden call. It's not even my birthday... oh! Maybe she called to ask about how my night went with Jason...

"If you called to ask about Jason and I-"

"Cameron is in Canada" She breathes out from the other side. Unconsciously, my hold on the phone tightens. I mean Leah already warned me about it, but I just brushed it off; if you call baking a thousand and one cookies to not think about him brushing it off.

"Really?" I try to keep my voice nonchalant, but I feel anything but cool right now. I don't want him anywhere near me... no! But just knowing that he's in the same country as me is making the mate bond go crazy. It's been 5 years, and I am still not strong enough to officially be rid of him.

"He's not going there to look for you" Aunt Delilah says and is that disappointment in her voice?

"Oh"

"I don't think he even knows that you're there" Shit, where did the pain in my chest come from? My eyes start to get blurry and I have to blink a couple of times to clear my vision.

Maybe I need glasses... I think rubbing at my chest.

When I realize I haven't replied yet, I force out the words, "That's good to hear"

"Will you do me a favour, darling?" Hearing Aunt Delilah sound so hesitant has me pulling my guard up.

"A favour?"

"Can you- can you please-" her voice breaks at the word, "look out for him"

I think I stopped breathing on hearing her ask that of me. I mean what in hell-

"I have never worried about him when he is off on his self-appointed missions, except that this time, it is Canada, a neutral ground and he has no backup whatsoever" She is talking so quickly and I realize that she knows she is asking the impossible from me.

"What mission?" I ask finally.

She is silent for a beat before she whispers, "I can't tell you that, except that I think he is on a wild goose chase"

"Oh... why is Sebastian not with him?" I ask and in my mind, I add, or LA. I mean they are his friends.

"Victoria is pregnant-"

"REALLY?!"

"Yes" I can hear the smile in her voice, "And like any male wolf, Sebastian cannot get himself away from his mate"

"WE ARE GOING TO GET A LITTLE VICTORIA OR A MINI SEBASTIAN?!" Oh Moon! I can't breathe out of excitement!

"Yes, Art" I can just picture Aunt Delilah shaking her head at my enthusiasm. "So obviously Seb Jr cannot go with Cam and LA has his bar exams along with the responsibility of looking after the pack in Spain whilst Seb fusses over Vic"