CHAPTER 18

Song- No Tears Left to Cry by Ariana Grande.

After soooo long💗

Chapter 18

"That's it for today" Cameron announces after an hour of him explaining me Markownikoff's and Anti Markownikoff's rule.

I let out a sigh as he shuts my binder and slides it towards me. My head is literally buzzing with all the information.

"MW is one of Bridge's favourite concept" Cameron tells me, "So he asks a lot of questions based on it"

"Uh huh" I add that little piece of information in my brain. "Thanks"

"How is your lab performance?" He asks curiosly as we are getting up to leace. I cringe.

"That bad?" He is staring at me and I nod my head.

"I once put a piece of sodium in water" I tell him.

"You WHAT?!" His eyes are wide.

"Yup. We have to perfom sodium fusion tests and what not, and I totally forgot how reactive sodium is, and I acidentally threw it in the sink. Which was clogged"

"Oh my Moons" He is gaping. "No wonder Bridge hates you"

"It was an accident!" I defend myself.

"You threw sodium in water"

"I just said that" I state haughtily.

"And there I thought you were a smart one"

"Nobody got hurt" I whine.

"Even eight graders know not to mess with sodium-"

"There was only a loud popping noise because the piece was very small" I defend pathetically.

"Doesn't make it any better" He snorts and I mock glare at him.

We have walked to the parking lot and I frown when I don't see my car.

Removing my phone out of my pocket, I see that S has messaged me that she and Victoria took my car home.

"Damn!" I mutter under my breath and Cameron turn towards me. He has his phone in his hand.

"Vic says that I am supposed to take you home" He informs me.

My frown deepens.

"Uh... That's okay" I tell him, "I have to hit the grocery store first"

"Just get in the car, hybrid" He says, and just like that, the playful banter between us comes to an end.

I scowl but follow him to his car.

~

The only thought in my mind as we drive to the grocery store is- Damn! I am sitting in Cameron's Dodge Charger. In his DODGE CHARGER!

It is literally my dream car and I swear the first wheels I buy for myself after I save up enough money is this.

"You know we're here, right?" Cameron is impatient. "You can get out anytime now"

"Uh sure" I try not to sound dejected on having to get out of the car and just get my arse out.

"What do you even have to buy?" He asks me as he joga over to me and I shrug.

"Food and stuff" I say vaguely and walk to the door of the grocery store.

I take a trolley and heaf to the meat section and Cameron is behind me, which is making me very self conscious.