CHAPTER 4

Chapter 4

Song- 7 Years by Lukas Graham

29/11/2017

"I can't even smoke in peace now?!" I hiss under my breath when I feel Stella's presence beside me.

"It's quarter to four in the morning" She says like that is supposed to mean something.

"So?"

"Don't you think it is too early to smoke?"

"I wouldn't be here if I thought so, S" Duh.

"Didn't you tell me that you stopped smoking?"

"I did, yes..." I take a big puff in and allow the smoke to stay in my lungs for a few long moments, before I exhale slowly, savouring the feeling, somehow knowing that no matter what my argument will be, this will be my last puff.

"Then?" S is resilient. What S wants from me, she often gets.

"May I point out that my life is a mess right now? I have to share my home, the same one that my dead gramps made my dad build for me, with five shifters who abhor me as much as I abhor them, if not more?" I sound worse than a kid, but who cares? It's only S. She loves me regardless.

"Art"

"Please cut me some slack, S" I groan.

"Smoking Kills" She simply states and my reply is immediate.

"Then maybe I want to die?" Stella looks like I've smacked her and I feel bad instantly. So bad that I end up stubbing my cigarette.

"Sorry" I tell her and then to change the topic, ask her, "How'd you find me anyway?" I rarely if at all come out on the roof, so how did she know that I am here?

"I teleported" She shrugs, mirroring me and laying down on the roof to stare at the still dark, star less sky.

"To the roof?" I am still intrigued. Aunt Mel told me that she can teleport to whatever place she wants if she concentrates hard enough, and it consumes a lot of her strength. But clearly it's not the same for my best friend.

"To you" She corrects me.

"So you just thought that you wanted to be beside me and you got teleported here?"

"Something like that" She wrinkles her nose and I feel like a dork for asking so many questions. I can't help it though. I am the best witch in the coven, as per the coven records, but even I know that that is bullshit.

Stella's magic is 1000 times more powerful than mine. Sure she cannot do the easy spells that seem like breathing to me, but all the hard core stuff is a piece of cake for her.

"You sound awestruck!" S exclaims shaking her head, like she cannot believe it and I give her a look. "I am" I tell her.

"Ah... my fan" She teases me and I tell her, "I'd be as smug as you are pretending to be right now if I could even teleport back to my room"

"Of course you would be, you are Uncle Teague's daughter" She rolls her eyes at me, and then cusses, "Shite! It's 4 o'clock already! We are gonna be so late that Rey is gonna flip his shite!"

Looking at me, she asks, "Ready?" And before I can say 'never', she is already teleporting us across the town, to the training ground.

***

"You both are late" Gary, Warrior Rey's son and one of the few wolf who actually treats S and me with respect, is glaring at us when we teleport to the ground.

"Sorry Gary" S says it in a sing song voice, making the words rhyme and I have to bite my lip to keep my smile in check.

He glares at her and tells her, "5 more laps for you"