CHAPTER 50

Chapter 50

ULYSSES' POV

"Are you sure?" Ed asks me from the other side of the phone and I nod, before affirming verbally, "Yes. Don't go around looking for Cameron yet"

"But, Lys-"

"Focus on what I paid you to do" I warn him, "I want all the demons who are against Ashallyn and Stella's claim to the throne"

"But Cam-"

"He can take care of himself"

"But-"

"Enough with the 'but's already! He knew what he was going to get himself into by going there, yet he went, so I am pretty damn sure he has it all figured out"

"He's still a kid!"

"He's 23" I remind him, picking up the coffee cup to finish the left over coffee, "And if his twin can be ready to claim the throne by his mate's side, then Cameron sure can look after himself"

Ed is silent for a beat before he asks cautiously, "Where is this coming from? Are you stopping me from helping him because he refused to take over your company after you? Or because he refuses to be acknowledged as the future Alpha? Are you punishing him for all that?"

Unconsciously I end up smashing the cup in my fist and as my eyes focus on the blood dripping to the ground, I allow myself to speak, "Just do your job and leave the rest to him. I want all the anti-throne demons who are hiding in Canada dead by the time Ashallyn and Stella take-over"

"Whatever you say" He sneers before hanging up.

I let out a sigh and stare at my bloodied hand, the skin now closed, and glass protruding from it.

There is a knock on the door and before I can even confirm that she can come in, Tulia walks in, a scowl marring her face.

"Sorry to disturb you Alpha" Liar. She's not at all sorry. "But I need to talk to you about something"

"What?"

"I think we should call Cameron back" She says firmly and I raise a brow at that.

"You think so, don't you?"

"It is not safe for him in Canada right now, and considering how he's the future of our pack, we shouldn't allow him to risk his safety for something we all know is only wistful thinking"

"He isn't" I tell her.

"Huh?"

"The future of the pack" I explain.

"I beg your pardon?" She asks, confused.

"He refuses to be the Alpha of the pack. Says he is not capable"

"WHAT?!"

"So, is there any other reason he shouldn't be in Canada?" I ask her spinning my chair in circles.

"Because it isn't safe! He's a target to most supes out there!" She says in a duh tone.

"Cameron is more than capable of taking care of himself" I feel like a tape recorder for repeating the same thing again and again.

"Wh.... are you shitting me? They are in hundreds and he is one single soul and Luna Delilah is worried about him!"

"If she was so worried, she could've just asked him not to go" I hate how my tone has darkened. Until yesterday, all I used to feel when it came to my Mate was love and guilt, but now? There is this bitter resentment in me that disgusts me.