CHAPTER 60

Chapter 60

CAMERON'S POV

"I'm done!" Artemis announces and gets up, with her plates and bowl in tow.

"I'll do the dishes" I tell her collecting my plates too and following her to the kitchen, "You are getting late"

She usually leaves by 8:15 for work, but it's already 8:20. Her schedule got screwed because she hadn't remembered to put an alarm and both of us had fallen asleep in the park. It was only thanks to an elderly human couple, who woke us up at 7:40.

"You will?" She looks over her shoulder and I nod reassuringly, making her smile in relief.

"Thanks Ron!" She chimes and darts out of the room. "Don't wake Leah up. Let her wake up on her own" She hollers from her bedroom and I give her a nod when she comes to wave at me.

I hear the front door shut, but my heart is still beating fast like I ran a marathon, all because she called me 'Ron'.

Last night was both heaven and hell for me.

Heaven because now I knew that Artemis is in a much better place where it concerns me, and hell because of the sparks. The freaking sparks that she don't feel and I feel too damn much.

The sparks that make me feel alive, but wish I were dead at the same time.

I feel like screaming, but knowing that it will wake Leah up, I have to restrain myself.

I go to my room and start working out, trying to get the thoughts of Artemis out of my head.

Cameron Zeus calls my name and I scowl, because he sounds wary.

Yes?

Have you noticed something different with us?

Uh... no?

Cameron, I think we're fucked.

Why?

These days we only get vision when we want to. It's like we can control what we want to see... and it no longer leaves us feeling overwhelmed.

....

Cameron, what if-

Shut up Z! Shut up!

I'm sorry Cameron He sounds defeated, so different from his usual self-assured Alpha self.

No!

We've lost Cameron. We've lost.

NO!

The visions no longer overpower us, Cameron. That can only mean that our power is growing.

But we've been so careful...

I'm sorry Cameron with that said, he puts a wall between us, but even then, I can feel his emotions, the sadness and despair so similar to what I am feeling.

I give up on working out, curl on the floor, and rock myself, trying to get my wolf's words out of my head but failing pathetically.

*

LEAH'S POV

The ringing of a phone wakes me up from the most peaceful orgasm induced slumber and I mutter a thousand curses as I get up to go smash the culprit phone.

One look at the clock tells me it is 9 o'clock and Art must already be at work, so it must be that bastard Cameron. I will kill him!

I kick his door open to see him on the floor in a foetal position, his hands clutching his ears.