CHAPTER 36

Chapter 36

"Ha ha ha" I say with a straight face, "Nice try, Alice. If you don't want to tell me where we're going just say so"

I get up and walk out, shaking my head.

Hell? I scoff. They think they're being funny but they're just being dumb.

Still, I can't stop myself from fishiny phone out of my pocket and dialling a number.
I reach his voicemail and am greeted with his sarcastic voice.

If I am not picking up your call, I am either very busy or ghosting your ass. Don't bother to leave a message, I don't check it.

Rolling my eyes, I leave a message because I know that he actually listend to them.

'Come find me' Is all I say, keeping it omnious so he can't quell his curiosity and comes for me.

Just when I am putting my phone back in, the four of them come outside and we proceed to the car, no one acknowledging what Alice said in there.

"You do realize that we are really going to hell, right?" S asks me once we're back on the road and I frown.

"There is no such thing as hell-"

"But there is!"

"The politically correct term for us supernaturals is Underworld"

Alice stares at me and I meet her gaze without flinching.

If the bitch thinks that she can intimidate me, she has another thing coming.

"Same" S shrugs.

"And you cannot go in the underworld without a portal and a guide who has demon blood running in their veins" I state.

S narrows her eyes at me and Alice asks, "How do you know that?"

"We learned that in Supes history back in Spain" LA answers.

"So even if we have to go to the fricking underworld for this mission, which I'm still not convinced of, we will need someone of demonic origin with us"

Alice frowns.

"Alpha Black didn't say anything about that" She muses. "Just told me to take y'all to this club in Canada near your father's DMT centre and tell the bartender that he sent us"

"We have to go all the way to fucking Canada?" I screech.

"Yup"

LA meets my eyes in the rearview mirror, "Unless..."

I narrow my eyes daring him to speak his thoughts.

"Unless what?" Alice asks.

When LA doesn't say anything, still staring at my image in the rearview mirror, Cameron, who had been silent all this time asks, "Unless what, Lucifer?"

This makes LA blink and shake his head.

"Nothing" He pouts and turns to look out of the window, showing that he is done with this conversation whilst probing the mind link between the two of us.

'Fuck off' I warn him. I am already pissed at him and S for keeping secrets from me and even more pissed at my self for not being brave enough to confront them about it.

'You could ask him to take us' He whispers in my mind. 'It will save so much time and do you really trust Alice to be able tp guide us through the Underworld?'

'Her parents are the best seekers in the world' I remind him, and honestly, he doesn't need to know that I have already asked for help because I am not sure if help will actually arrive.