CHAPTER 33

Chapter 33

It was a fight shifting into my own skin from Mia's because the stupid beast wanted to go check on her future Alpha.

Anyway, in the end I won and after changing into my clothes, I made my way past the trees and into the clearing.

The to-be Alpha lay on the bank of the lake in his wolf form and something in me lurched on seeing Zeus. His head was on his paws and his eyes were closed. He was sleeping.

Good Gods. The whole damn pack is losing their mind worrying after him and here he lays, sleeping.

Shaking my head, I move towards him, not bothering to be quiet. As a matter of fact, I make it a point to crunch all the dry leaves under my bare feet so that he doesn't think that I am creeping up on him or something.

But it is of no good, because even after all the noise I make, the future alpha manages to sleep like a baby.

I sigh as I crouch down beside him and on cue am hit with the heat from last night.

This time, it is not so strong, but it is there and my hands are shaking.

I gulp as I concentrate on controlling my hand, and as hard as I might try, the only image running through my mind is of sweaty bodies, stroking each other and loving each other.

Swallowing the Texas size lump in my throat, I narrow my eyes and slap Zeus's muzzle.

To my annoyance, the wolf only grumbles slightly but doesn't wake up. And even the sound of his groan makes my belly clench.

Shit.

I try to distract myself, focus on things that really matter and after a while, when I recollect Auntie Del's voice when she'd called me, recall the concern in her voice, the carnal feelings start to fade.

Sighing in relief this time, I sit doen on the ground and start shaking Zeus's body.

"Zeus!" I snap but he isn't waking up.

"Zeus" I croon and rub his jugular and the wolf purrs. The wolf actually purrs!

Biting back a smirk, I allow my nails to trail on his body, allow my hand to play with the thick brown fur.

I don't realise how long I play with his body, how long I admire it, but when my eyes go back to his face, his hazel wolf eyes are staring at me.

I smile and I have no idea what possesses me, but I lean in and wrap my hands around his neck and let out a breath.

It's been so long since I've done this. Hugged him so.

He burries his head further into my neck and I allow my hand to rub his lithe body.

And it feels so good. So so good.

Oh Moons.... Just how much I missed this. Missed him...

The thought is sudden and catches me off guard, which is enough for me to pull back and conceal the panic on my face with a blank look.

He lets out a low growl that makes my flesh tingle.

"You have been MIA for a few hours and your Mom was getting worried so I came to get you" I rush out the explanation.

The sinister expression on his face makes me crawl back and when he doesn't stalk my way, I conclude that his mind is still kinda foggy.

Taking advantage of the situation, I get on my feet and walk backeards, towards the tree where I had seenhis clothes stashed when I got here.