CHAPTER 53

Chapter 53

"Oh my fuck" I whisper as I stare at the man who inspired me to drag my ass into the field of architecture.

When Luke Cady's eyes meet mine, they are amused.

"Won't you take a seat Miss Anderson?" He asks and I swear I am dreaming. But when I pinch myself, it stings, and I know that despite everything that is going on in this country right now, Luke Cady is here. In Canada. Interviewing me.

"You're really here" I whisper as I walk in to take a seat against him.

When I woke up this morning to the noise of Leah screwing somebody, I thought my day was fucked, because a bad morning usually leads to a bad day right? And it had been going bad, because right after I conned Leah's boy-toy into leaving, I walked in on my mate jerking off in the shower because the latch of the bathroom door is broken.

So yeah, I really thought my day was going to be bad, but here is Luke Cady, ready to interview me for a job at his firm.

"You must be wondering why I am here despite all the supernatural activities taking place, right?" He asks without beating around the bush, and I nod my head yes.

"It's because if your father" And I deflate on hearing that, because though I love my Pa, I don't want him to pave my path for me.

"Thank you for calling me in sir, but obviously this is not going to work" I say firmly, trying not to let my disappointment seep in my voice.

"I beg your pardon?" He scowls.

"No offense to you at all, sir, but I am very confident with my skills, and you hiring me because of my father is kind of like a kick to my pride" I state clearly.

"Hold it, when did I say I am hiring you because of your father?" He asks with narrowed eyes.

"You just said that you are here because of my father-"

He shakes his head with a smile, "Oh I see how you can take that out of context..." Sobering up, he continues, "My first job was with your father" He says, "and your father is a genius, so if you have half as much as the talent he has, then you're a gem and before somebody else gets you, I intend to steal you"

"I am confused"

"My mate worked for your father too, before we branched out, and she is still in touch with Melria, who happened to mention you studying architecture a few years ago... We've been keeping tabs on you ever since, and you've impressed both me, and my mate with your academic performance so far, and my mate is convinced that if I don't get you, it will be a big loss for us, so here I am, in person, asking you to work for me"

Okay, for one, he speaks a lot. And two, I don't mind, because he is offering me my dream job on a platter based on my talent!!

"You're not shitting?" Fuck. I am probably not supposed to use such language in front of him.

"No, I am not shitting you" he says, amused and I let out an embarrassing squeal.

Again he looks more amused than surprised.

"You're a lot like Teague" He comments and I grin, "I am his carbon copy"

Then, keeping up with his straight forward attitude, he asks the question that I've been dying to hear from him ever since I started studying architecture.

"When can you start?"

*

"I told you!" Leah screams, "I fucking told you you'd get the job!"