CHAPTER 16

Song- Friends by Marshmello & Anne Marie
Chapter 16

By the time Antonio comes with the Pizzas, it is already 9 o'clock. I pay him and go to the living room where everyone is hanging out.

It is weird how everyone are hanging out together tonight, but I guess thay are all just curious about LA, and want to make him feel welcome.

S and LA are chatting away happily, Tyler and Taylor are bickering, Alice is on her phone and Victoria and Cameron's eyes are hazed, so I recon they are mindlinking someone.

"Pizza's here baby!!!" I say and sit down on the ground, folding my leg Indian style, with the eight pizza boxes.

LA and S squeal as they jump to the floor to sit beside me and grab their boxes each, LA pepperoni and S Chicken bbq.

They dig right in, and I look at all the others.

"Don't y'all wanna eat?" I ask them as I fish out my own. It is a Margherita with one too many toppings.

They look surprised that I am offering and I roll my eyes. I am not heartless.

Tyler comes faster than light and Alice and Taylor look sceptical as they approach me. Victoria and Cameron still have hazed eyes.

"How did you know to get me Pineapple?" Tyler looks at me with wide eyes.

"I just told them to send your usual" I shrug.

He gives me a greatful nod and digs in.

Alice and Taylor pick theirs up and go and sit on the sofa.

I am on the second piece of my pizza when Victoria and Cameron join us, Victoria sitting beside S on the floor, and since we've made a mini circle and the only vacant spot is beside me, Cameron sits beside me.

I try to ignore him as he leans over and grabs his pizza box. It is a very hard task, ignoring him.

Just when I am about to pick up my third slice, LA drops the bomb on me.

"Hey Art-" He swallows the pizza in his mouth.

"-Did you hear that Smith, Warner and Bancroft got banned for a year or something"

I snort, "Don't shit LA"

"No shitting" He crosses his heart. "Did you delete Cricbuzz?" He asks and I look at him with wide eyes.

"My mobile's memory was full so..."

"Check it on the net" He juts his chin out and points at my cellphone.

"Dude-" Pizza forgotten, I quickly google it, praying that he is lying.

But I am proved wrong.

What. In. Hell.

"They tampered their ball" LA tells me, but I am already reading an article about it. The image of Steve Smith breaking down makes my heart clench and I feel like crying. Seriously.

What. The. Hell.

"Oi. Don't cry, idiot" LA says, and I blink a couple of times. I am so shocked.

"Woah" Victoria is gaping at me but I am still out of it.

"Dude..." I shake my head. "What in hell?" My voice comes out shaky. "They can't just ban Smith! And Warner! They are my favourite from the Australian team" I whine grabbing for my pizza and chomping away on it angrily.

"They did" LA shrugs and the others are all looking confused.

S tells them, "They're talking about cricket" and shakes her head. When I am not watching in my room, I watch the matches downstairs. She hates it.