CHAPTER 59

Chapter 59

DELILAH'S POV

"You are supposed to be concentrating on your surroundings, not on my face" I tell my mate after I am sure he has stared his fill for now.

"You are back" These are the first words that have slipped out of his mouth in the past hour, ever since he saw me.

"Well... yeah... did you not expect me to?" I ask curiously and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"I... uh... I didn't know" He confesses.

I run a hand through my hair and look away from him, "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you know that I would come back?" I elaborate.

He blinks before answering, "Because you were angry with me"

"So?"

"And I deserved it" He exhales and I nod, "You're right"

"But you're back" He whispers, "You're back" He makes a move to touch my face, but I step back. The expectant look in his eyes if replaced with panic, but I don't allow that to budge me.

"I have made some decisions while I was away"

"Whatever you want Sugar" He promises.

"You haven't even heard what I have to say"

"Whatever you want Sugar" He repeats and I roll my eyes at how dense he can be sometimes.

"First- You never lie to me again, never hide anything from me again, whether it is for my own good or not" I state clearly, because this man thinks he needs to shield me from all the bad things out there, even when I am ready to endure whatever life throws at me. And that is probably the biggest problem in our relationship.

"Uhm..."

"Promise me that you'll be more open from now on Alpha Black" I purposely use his title so that he can understand that I am not playing. I am serious this time. I don't think I have it in me to forgive him one more time. Or even hate him again. It is too draining.

"I promise, Sugar" He says firmly and I nod.

"Second, stop thinking of Cameron as your backup plan"

"What?"

"Did you or did you not call and ask Cameron to come here so that you can come look for me?"

"Uh..." He doesn't even need to answer, I know him like the back of my hand.

"Stop thinking of Cameron as your backup plan" I repeat and he nods again,

"Okay"

"You can't force him to take the Alpha position, until he is ready-"

"But-"

"And if he is never ready, then you will hand the Alpha position to someone else, Sebastian, or LA, or Tyler, all of them are more than capable"

"But Mate-"

"No!"

"Fine!"

"And if he doesn't want to take over as the CEO of the company, you can't force him there either. My son deserves to take his own path than follow what you've paved for him" I tell him and he pouts but nods.

"No pressuring Cameron into anything, got it"

"Third- You are no longer allowed to be an asshole to anyone in the pack. Do your duties, and come back to me"