CHAPTER 12

Song- Want You Back by 5 Seconds of Summer

Gods!! I am screwed because I just cannot stop listening to this song and so I can't get anything done ☹️😥🤐❣️

Chapter 12

"Miss Anderson?" I look up from my notes to scowl at Mr Bridge.

"Yes Sir?"

"Can you tell me what the product of the equation will be?" He asks, his face impassive.

"Which equation?" I frown and the class breaks out into laughter.

"The one I just added on the board" His jaw is clenched but I am still at a loss. The board has five equations that have the reactant, and electrophiles (or are they nucleophiles?) but the products are missing.

"Uh..."

He looks at me for a few more minutes, then shakes his head as if he has given up all hope on me, and starts discussing the answers with the class.

I want to slump in my chair and hide my face, and wish that everyone's mocking stares isn't bothering me, but I can't.

Good thing I have mastered the art of faking.

Plastering a bored look on my face, I try to pay attention at what Mr Bridge is saying, but seriously it feels like the man is speaking Latin or something.

I cannot keep up.

And because I cannot keep up, my mind jumps to the next worse thing that is going to happen to me today.

Being tutored by the to-be-Alpha.

What was Auntie Del thinking? And why the hell did he agree? And-

The bell rings signalling the end of the class, and like all my other classmates, I quickly start packing my bag.

As I pass by Mr Bridge's desk, he calls my name.

"Yes sir?"

"How do you plan on passing this semester if you don't pay attention in class, Ms Anderson?" He asks, genuinely curious.

Blood rushes to my cheeks as I stare at him dumbly.

He sighs and then says, "Try to keep your mind from wandering too much, Ms Anderson"

There is a note of dismissal in his voice and I take it as my cue to leave.

I feel so embarrassed and my mind is all over the place so I hardly pay attention to anything as I walk to my next class. AP Physics.

Unlike in chemistry, the professor, Dr Philip, does not ask anyone any random questions.

Since we have already covered most of the theory for the chapter we are doing, he just assigns us a few numericals to solve and sits back in his chair, to read physics related stuff on the net, randomly telling us about anything that he finds interesting.

I scribble down the solutions quickly, glad that they are tricky, because then my mind can't think about my impending doom.

I am the first one to complete, and although I know that they are all right, I walk up to the front of the class to the old man's table to show him my answers.

While he corrects my papers, I peek at his laptop to see what he is reading currently.

"Are you done snooping Ms Anderson?" He asks me with a smirk as he hands back my binder.

"Uh... What are you reading?"

"Nothing Physics related" He tells me without any hesitation. He is really close with his students.