Tree bros: hair/ idk what to call this

Evan loved Connor's hair. Ever since they had started dating, Evan took every opportunity to play with it. Connor didn't mind, as long as Evan didn't pull too hard. Jared constantly joked that Evan was more in love with Connor's hair than Connor himself. 

Connor hated Jared. 

Especially today. Evan had run off in tears again as Jared had teased him about his anxiety to the breaking point. 

"What the hell Klineman? You bastard, whore son-" "What did you just say?" Jared snapped back, launching his fist at Connor's nose. 

Connor dodged, and struck a quick blow to his temple, then kicked Jared to the floor, angry and frustrated. Good, he's out cold. Now, where did Evan go?

He found Evan in the bathroom, sniffling sadly. Connor ran to him, gazing into those tear filled aquamarine eyes.  "Are you ok?" "Jared, h- he-" "Shh.. talk less..." Connor smiled as Evan snuggled into his chest, still sniffling. Connor petted his head fondly, gazing at the boy cuddled into his body. How did I get so lucky?

"Evan.." "huh?" "Do you want to skip today?" "Y- yes..but my mom.." "I'll tell her that Jared was being a little bitch and you needed to get out of there. Now, cmon, the orchard awaits!" 

Time skip brought to you by my new ringtone being sincerely me

"O- oh! I havent been here in like a year!" Connor laughed as Evan walked around, examining all the trees for signs of illness. 

"Evan... can you teach me about trees?" Connor wasn't really interested, but he loved seeing Evan's face light up when he talked about them, so Connor would ask his questions about trees just to see him smile. "So this one.." 

Time skip until Evan is done gushing about trees (I don't know trees but I know so much about goldfish so if you all have any questions feel free to ask them.  Also I'm doing a goldfish reveal at 3k so stay tuned)

Evan sat in Connor's lap, gazing up at the sunset. "It's beautiful..." he heard Connor mumble under his breath, "Just like you..." 

"Evan Hansen?" A voice jerked him out of his dream. He had been asleep in the waiting room for some time. 

"I'm very sorry to tell you that your boyfriend Connor passed away on the operating table." 

The end.