#37: Hospital Room

Nikki's POV

"Brie, do you remember who this is?" I point to Natalya as she smiles. "Nattie?" I see Natalya smile from ear to ear. "Yeah?" I see her eyes water. "Hey..." Natalya quickly goes to Brie and hugs her. Brie hugs Natalya back as I smile. "I guess she remembers you." I hear Natalya scoff. "I guess she does." I hear someone knock on the door as I turn around. "Hey Nikki!" I go to Naomi and wave my hand. "Hey Naomi." Naomi slowly walks in. Natalya turns around and looks at Naomi. "I think I'm gonna go." I clench my eyebrows. "I think you should go." I see Naomi clench her jaw.

*time skip*

"She knows a lot more people now." I look at Charlotte. "That's great. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know Roman, Dean and Seth. They came like 9 months ago." I nod my head. "She doesn't but she will know them soon." I smile as I sigh. "Charlotte"   "Hmm?" I scoff and shake my head. "Do you ever think I'll actually fall in love?" She nods and smiles. "Yeah, I mean it's probably just taking a long time for you to find the perfect person for you." I look at my salad again. "At first I thought John was the right one for me but he definitely wasn't. Then Roman, I actually thought I fell in love but I was just in love with the thought of him. Now I don't know who I should go to... Dean or just some other guy?" I look back at Charlotte.

"Nikki, I know it's hard for you. But, I think you should go back to Roman. Think about who makes you smile when you're sad. Think about who makes you laugh. Think about who helps you all the time. Think about you connect to more. Think about who you can say any secret to. Think about who makes you feel pretty. Think about who you love." I stay silent for a while. She looks down on the floor. "I have to go." I nod as she gets up and grabs her purse. I see her walk out of the restaurant. "Wow." I drop my fork on the plate as I feel my eyes water. I turn to my food which isn't even food I'm pretty sure. It's just a dumb salad. I turn to the cashier. "Can I get a check?" I see the cashier nod as I turn back to my salad. I hear something drop on the table I was sitting at. I look and see the check. I grab my purse and put 20 dollars down as I quickly close my purse and get up. I rush out of the restaurant as I feel a tear run down my cheek.

Luckily the hotel I was staying at was near the restaurant. I run down the block until I see the hotel. I wipe the tear as I enter the hotel. I slowly walk to the elevator as I press the 7th floor. I feel the presence of someone else in the elevator but I ignore it. Should I turn around? What if it's Paige? Or what about Sasha? "Hey." I should've just turned around and not said anything. I turn and see nobody there. I shake my head as I see the elevator open and I walk out. I go to my room and knock on the door. I put a smile on my face. I see the door open as I see Seth. "You're happy today." I nod as I walk in. "Did Brie remember someone else?" I put down my purse. "Yeah, she remembered Natalya and Naomi." I turn around and walk to the bathroom. "Nikki, I have to go work out so I'll be back in about an hour." I look at Seth and nod.

I turn back to the mirror. "You okay?" I nod as I try to hold back in a tear but I just wasn't strong enough. I feel tears run down my cheeks. I'm just staying quiet while my cheeks get more and more wet. "Nikki..." Why did Seth grab my arm and walk me out? "What?" I feel his hand grab my arm as I shove it off. "Nik-"  "What do you want?" He shakes his head and walks to the door. "Nothing." I turn my head seeing him walk out. I turn back to mirror as I wipe my tears. "What is the freaking use of holding back the tears if they are still going to come out?" I start to cry as I walk to my bed. I start to sob into the pillow. "Why can't I ever be happy?" I hear my phone ring as I look at the caller ID. It's Sasha who's calling. I ignore the call as I wipe my tears.