Part-10

The episode starts still in flashback only.

MIDNIGHT 1:00 AM

Naira was turning and tossing on the bed. Her body was sweating badly head to toe. She was trying to get up but of no use. She heard Eklavya's laugh. She saw Eklavya pulling her and scratching her arms. She saw Eklavya tearing her clothes. Naira woke up with a jerk. She was shivering and sweating badly. Naira switched on lights of her room. She switched on TV. She wasn't scared anymore. But she was feeling suffocated.

Prerna got up to drink water when she heard noise from Naira's room. Prerna went to Naira's room. Prerna slightly opened the door. She was shocked to see the sight.

Naira was shivering and sweating from head to toe. Naira didn't see Prerna. She was feeling suffocated. Naira got up and poured some water for herself in glass. Some water fell on the floor due to her shivering hands. She took that glass and stood near the window.

Prerna wasn't understanding what to do. She quietly left the room. She decided to talk to Tulsi next day abt this. Naira's eyes were wet. She was feeling pain in her shoulders. She was having headache. She was having this pain from past 2 weeks, from the next day when her nightmares started. She kept standing near window.

MORNING 7:00 AM

Anurag and Prerna were sitting there. Prerna already told him abt midnight incident. Naira came out of her room all ready. She saw her parents but didn't speak anything like other days.

Anurag:- Prerna! Tulsi Maa was talking abt some family trip.

Prerna:- She talked to me also abt this. What was the place's name?

Anurag:- Scotland! Naira you always wanted to go there for 4-5 days. Then now we will go.

They looked up but saw Naira going.

Anurag:- She listened to this.

Prerna:- Should we talk to Maa?

Anurag:- Hmm!

Anurag and Prerna went to Shantiniketan. Prerna immediately went and hugged Tulsi. She was crying. Everyone got tensed.

Tulsi:- Prerna kya hua?

Prerna while crying told them abt midnight incident.

Nandini:- Naira gets that nightmare?

Ganga:- How can you say this Nandini?

Nandini(teary eyed):- The same happened with me years back Ganga. I also used to get nightmares of that day. I still can't forget that day.

Prerna:- Maa please do something.

Tulsi:- We will do something Prerna please don't cry like this.

Kartik listened all this. He decided to talk to Naira and bring his SHERNI back.

AFTERNOON 3:00 PM

Naira reached near Thames River as Kartik called her. Naira saw Kartik sitting there on the bench. Naira went and sat beside Kartik. Kartik saw her.

Kartik:- Naira! I need to talk to you.

Naira signalled him to continue.

Kartik:- Naira when you will become my SHERNI again?

Naira was just staring the ground. Kartik knew she was listening.

Kartik:- Naira you know since childhood I love your SHERNI avatar. You very well know how much Prerna Maa and Anurag Papa loves you. They have only you in their life. When their daughter Dhara died you came in their life. I know you love them so much. I know it's not easy for you to forget that day's incident. Naira something like this happened 19 years back also. The difference is that nothing happened with you and everything happened with Mumma.

Kartik closed his eyes remembering that painful past. Naira held his hand and pressed it tightly. Kartik saw Naira's eyes were wet. She was giving him strength.

Kartik:- Naira everyone wants their Naira back. That Naira who used to tease everyone. That Naira who used to run in both houses irritating everyone.
Dadi is missing that Naira who used to come to her everyday and ask for head massage. Mumma and Badi Maa miss that Naira who used to come to them and ask for food and complaint abt Prerna Maa and Me. Prerna Maa misses that Naira who used to run in house to avoid food and milk. She misses that Naira behind Whom she ran everyday. And me your MENDEK. I'm missing my SHERNI. I'm missing your tar tar dialogue. I'm missing you calling me MENDEK. I'm missing our daily arguments. I'm missing our Tom and Jerry fights. Please give us our Naira back. I just wanted to say this.

Kartik wiped his tears. Naira was still sitting there quietly. Naira was thinking abt the words Kartik said. Kartik was abt to get up when Naira held his hand.

Naira:- I'm sorry Kartik!

Kartik knew Naira needs him. He took her in a hug. Naira was shivering in his hug. Her shivers turned into sobbing. Then her sobbing turned into cries. Her cries turned loud with every second. Kartik too was crying.

After an hour,Kartik found Naira calming. Kartik cupped her face and wiped her tears. He again took her in his hug.

Naira(crying):- Kartik I love both families the most. I know they are hurt by my behaviour. But what I should do? You tell me. I'm missing everyone the most. That day's incident still roams inside my mind. I can't sleep and if I try to sleep I get those nightmares. I see in my nightmares Eklavya pulling me,slapping me and tearing my clothes. I wake up in midnight. I want to smile but Eklavya's face comes in front of me. I want to laugh but that incident has embarked my emotions. What should I do?

Kartik:- Naira its not easy to move on. But atleast give a try na. When Mumma was at your place our whole family supported her. Everyone is supporting you also then why you are doing this. If you will stay like this your pain will give a wound that will never heal. Give chance to your family to heal your wounds.

Naira looked up at him. Their faces were inches apart. Kartik kissed on her forehead. Naira closed her eyes.