Stay With Me || Lashton ||

Ashton's POV

My trembling hands were grabbing clothes and shoving them in a duffle bag faster than I could think. The screaming of my parents could be heard all the way in my room from where they were in the kitchen. I have fucking had it with all the screaming. They yelled at me tonight at dinner about my shitty attitude and I had no doubt that's why they were screaming at each other now. I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask for my mum to marry some asshole who would drag us across the world. She could've left me behind; it would have made everything better.

I shoved the last pair of skinny jeans in my bag and zipped it up. I sighed deeply, my eyes scanning over the room making sure I hadn't left anything behind. My small box drum sat in the corner, it was the only good thing my mum had ever done for me. Of course Dan's house is two stories and I have a decent sized room, but the house was not a home. I grabbed up the drum and threw my bag over my shoulder, sliding open my bedroom window. The cool air of late August hit my face as I climbed out, standing on the ledge. I gripped the box with one hand and used my free one to climb down the tree. My feet hit the ground with a thud and I tugged the hood of my jacket over my head, wasting no time running to my truck. It was a beat up piece of shit but it still got me from point A to point B. Hey what can I say? I bought it with my own money.

I jammed the key into the ignition, starting the shitty truck and sped off down the street. There was only one place I could think of to go, my best friend Michael's house. His mum Karen loved me and always offered me to stay whenever I needed. My "parents" would have no idea I was gone until probably tomorrow night, not that it mattered any way. I already had it all planned out, plus I'm 18. Michael lived on the other side of town, in a different school district so I would just start school with him in a couple weeks; I had my job at the video store and money saved up to get my own place. My runaway was a long time coming; I needed the hell out of that house.

I text Michael with my dinosaur of a phone and he opened the door when I got there. Michael's mom was the top real estate lady in our city so his house was twice the size of Dan's.

"Hey man come on in, I was just about to head to bed." Michael said leading me through their monstrous kitchen and up to his room.

"Thanks for letting me come on such short notice mate. Did you talk to your mum about this?" I sat my drum and bag down on the floor, pulling off my shoes.

"Yeah she's okay with it, there's a spare room across the hall if you wanna crash there." He gestured towards the open door and I carried all my shit to the empty room. It had a desk and a bed with not a drop of color in the room, good thing I brought my band posters. Michael headed off to bed and I tried to do the same.

I ended up staring at the blank ceiling the majority of the night. I thought about how bad everything was fucked up. I never wanted any of this, I wanted to stay home with my granny, and she could've taken care of me. I was so angry with my mum and Dan and even my dad a little, but it wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault I was a gay, cocky little bastard, no pun intended there. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to envision how different things could've been if I wouldn't have been such a shit all those years. Maybe it's my fault. All of this bullshit is probably my fault. I shoved in my headphones, blaring whatever heavy metal song I could find, hoping sleep would come soon. I traced the ink on my right forearm that led straight to the scars under my bracelets. Those shitty scars don't matter much to me anymore, nothing fucking matters to me anymore. The world is such a shitty ass place and I'm stuck here. Finally I was able to fall asleep and have nightmare after fucking glorious nightmare.

Luke's POV

I loved the Oregon air, especially around this time of year. I sat out on the awning below my window nearly every night just watching the stars. I sighed deeply and tucked my hands under my head while I lied there. I would be starting my sophomore year of high school and I wasn't overly excited but I was thankful freshman year was over. I didn't make any new friends I just had Calum whom I had practically grown up with my whole life. He was co-captain of the soccer team and I was just Luke, his weird nerdy friend. I wasn't a typical nerd per say, I just really liked math and getting good grades. So sue me if I like to be a good student.

I had been stuck here in Salem my whole life but not that I'm complaining really, am I? As of right now it was just me, my mom and my two big brothers, Jack and Ben. Jack is a senior at West High School where I go, and Ben is going to college in Portland in the fall. Well actually it's in just a few weeks; I can't believe summer went by so fast. I spent most of it working at the movie theater because remember, I have no friends. I really missed my dad, I'm also angry at him though. I guess getting killed in a car accident by a drunk driver wasn't exactly his fault but I was still mad at him for leaving us. I sighed deeply and crawled back inside.

My guitar was sitting in the corner of my room and I decided to play a song before I went to sleep. I strummed a few chords and sang one of my favorite songs, Fallout by Marianas Trench. They were one of my all-time favorite bands. The song was over when I heard a light knock at my door.

"Come in." I called out to the door and sat my guitar down on the bed next to me.

"Luke honey it's getting late, we are going to have a long day tomorrow." My mom walked in and sat on the edge of my bed, rubbing my knee softly. Tomorrow we were helping Ben move to Portland and I had been dreading it. Not the my brother moving part so much as the whole drive back and forth to the city.

"I know mom I was just about to go to bed." I climbed off the bed to put my guitar back, and my mom turned to leave the room. I grabbed a t-shirt and sweats from my closet, throwing them on and climbing into bed.

I lie awake for hours just thinking about how different things could be if my dad hadn't been coming home late that night. Maybe it was my fault, maybe I shouldn't have asked him to take me to that concert. The scar across my chest was a constant reminder that the crash was probably my fault. I wish sometimes that it would've been me instead of my dad because who would miss me anyway? I'm practically invisible to the world anyway. I finally gave up and forced myself to fall asleep, dreaming of hazel eyes that I had never seen before.

>>>>>

New story, first Lashton... I'm going to work on it best I can. Let me know what you think