19

Ashton's POV

"What the hell are you doing here?" Luke's mum snapped and I spun around to look at her. She looked beyond angry and I was beyond scared of her at the moment.

"Mom he hel-" Luke's weak voice started.

"I didn't ask you Luke, I asked him." She bit back and I looked at a still shaking Luke.

"He was in my back yard crying and I brought him home to calm him down." I explained and she still looked displeased.

"I see and why are you still here?" She snapped. Fuck I can't win with this lady.

"I was just making sure he was okay Mrs. Hemmings I mean no harm to him. He's a really great person and I care for him a lot." I glanced at Luke and turned to head for the door.

"Ashton please don't go!" Luke called out and ran over to me, grabbing me by the arm. When I looked into his eyes they were so full of hurt and he looked so scared.

"Luke I can't stay." I whispered and his mum continued to stare at us.

"Luke, let him go." She ordered but Luke wasn't listening one bit. His mum walked closer to us trying to pull Luke away but she couldn't.

"Please Ashton stay." He sobbed and I swear I felt a piece of my heart break. I glanced down at the sobbing boy and back to his less than pleased mother.

"Luke I-"

"Stay." His mum said and we both nearly broke our necks turning to look at her.

"W-what?" Luke sniffled.

"It's obvious you want his comfort so he can stay for one night but that's all. I still don't like this," she gestured to Luke and I. "But for tonight I think you need comfort." She said with no emotion.

"Thank you mom." Luke sniffled again and without another word she took off up the stairs.

"Come on let's get you ready for bed." I said with no regard to what just took place. I led Luke up to his room and sat him on the bed.

My hands worked diligently to take off Luke's shoes then I moved to his drawers to find him some clothes to sleep in. I handed him a pair of workout shorts and a t shirt and his trembling hands worked to take off his current clothes. It was no big deal to see Luke in his boxers because I have done so before but tonight he looked even more vulnerable. Just as he was pulling on the shorts I noticed something on his chest. I moved closer and reached out to touch the bit of scarred skin, making Luke tense. It was a diagonal line from his collar bone to the middle of his chest, nearly on top of where his heart is located.

"What happened?" I whispered and his crystal blue eyes pierced through me.

"It was from the accident. A piece of the windshield cut me and I had to have like 30 stitches." His voice was back to normal now but he looked exhausted.

"I'm so sorry Luke." I said still running my hand over his scar.

"I believe that scars are just reminders that we were stronger than what hurt us." He said and started to climb into bed. My brain halted at the mention of scars and I subconsciously hid my wrists behind my back. But what if we were what hurts us?

"Ashton are you coming to bed?" Luke asked and I nodded unable to speak.

My brain was no longer in control of my body as I moved towards Luke's bed. I crawled under the covers next to him to stare at the ceiling that was becoming oddly familiar to me.

"Ashton?" Luke's sleepy voice questioned.

"Hmm."

"Do you think it's okay to miss someone?" He asked and I took in a deep breath.