39

Ashton's POV

Everything was dark. All around me was black and my eyes couldn't make out anything. I was drowning. Unable to move and waves were crashing over me wherever I would turn. Nothing was right, nothing felt like safety or home. There was no Luke. He wasn't around it was just me by myself drowning in a world of darkness, as it should be.

"Ashton!" I heard someone yell and I sat up straight in my bed just dripping sweat. I felt a few tears rolling down my face as well and I couldn't catch my breath. I put my head in my hands trying to calm myself down and when I looked up I saw familiar glowing blue eyes worriedly staring back at me. He was here.

"L-Luke, you're here?" I finally breathed out and he walked around to my side of the bed and knelt on the floor in front of me.

"Ashton I stayed the night, why wouldn't I be here?" He whispered and tried to get my eyes to focus on him but I couldn't.

"Oh yeah that's right, I'm sorry I woke you up." I said and looked down at my fumbling hands but Luke's finger hooked under my chin to make me look at him.

"You're crying." He whispered with his thumb ghosting over my cheek.

"Yeah." I whispered back but you could barely hear me.

"You scared me, I hate to see you like that." He said with sad eyes. I scooted over so he was able to crawl back in bed next to me. His head found it's usual spot against my chest with his hands immediately grabbing mine to play with my fingers.

"I love you, you know that right?" I asked feeling guilty that I haven't even talked to him about Australia. I wanted to tell him so bad but I was scared he would hate me. When he looked at me with his bright eyes, I couldn't tell him now.

"Yes of course, and I love you too." He smiled and pressed a kiss to my chest.

"Are we crazy? You know, being so sure about each other so soon." I admitted because some times I felt like maybe we didn't know what we were doing. I was certain that I loved him though, more than anything.

"Yes, but that's how it's supposed to be." He said slowly through a yawn and I couldn't help but smile. He was right.

Love and admiration has no time schedule, no outline that we are given to help us out, we have to figure it out ourselves. We were just kids that are crazy about each other and we have to figure it out for ourselves because no one else can do it for us. Luke has seen me at my worst and somewhat at my best but he's still around. That in itself shows that he truly does love me.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke said staring up at me with a small smile.

"You." I whispered with a smile of my own.

"Should've known." He rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"Let's go somewhere." I said and sat up, making Luke do the same.

"Ash, it's 3 am." He groaned but I crawled out of bed and pulled on some jeans and threw on a shirt.

"Just come on." I chuckled while I pulled on my shoes and Luke crawled out of bed. He always sleeps in sweats and a T-shirt so all he had to do was throw on shoes, but I like to sleep in my boxers.

"Where are we gonna go?" He whispered in his panicked voice.

"The cliff." I said as we crept down the stairs and out of the front door. Luke was following behind me but I could tell he was nervously scanning his surroundings. He was always afraid we'd get caught doing these crazy things but I'd rather do something crazy and take the risk.