15

We were sat in Calum's bedroom playing around on our guitars. Since last night all we wanted to sing and play which is what we've been doing most of the day. We left Michael's late last night and I spent the night at Calum's which my mom didn't mind, surprisingly enough. I loved music and if I could share it with others that was an added bonus.

"Have you ever written any songs?" Calum asked. I had a whole notebook of songs and random lyrics that I've been trying to complete since I was like 14.

"Yeah I have a couple songs." I shrugged.

"We'll show me one!" Calum said and I felt nervous even if it was only Calum.

I started strumming a song I had been working on a lot lately but it needed some serious work.

When we both fall asleep

Underneath the same sky

Time stops I wish that I could rewind

So close but so far away

"This is the chorus but it still needs som work." I said after I finished singing and took a breath.

She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come home

I wish I was, I wish I was

Beside you

I sang and looked at Calum who was deep in thought.

She lies awake

I'm trying to find the words to say

I wish I was, I wish I was

Beside you

Calum sang out, trying to keep the beat with his own guitar. I smiled brightly at how good the song sounded.

"Luke that was sick! Do you have anymore you'd like to share?" Calum smiled.

"I have a bunch of them Cal they just need some help like that one did." I explained.

"Well sounds like all you need is a song writing partner." He winked and I smacked him in the back of the head.

"Well this one is called Out of My Limit but it needs a good chorus." I said and began to strum, Calum following along.

Had a job downtown working the servo

Had me waiting in line couldn't even let go

'Cause I never wanna be that guy

Who doesn't even get a taste

No more having to chase

To win that prize

You're just a little bit out of my limit

I sang and halted at my lack of words but Calum kept going. He started humming at first but then words started to form from his lips.

It's been two years now

You haven't even seen the best of me

And in my mind now

I've been over this a thousand times

It's almost over

Calum sang but stopped after over and looked at me for help and I blurted out the first thing I felt.

Let's start over

I sang and Calum lit up. I smiled at how accomplished I felt. Song writing was so much fun and Calum and I seemed to be on the same page.