Epilogue

Luke's POV

Night of Graduation

It's just inevitable by now that I panic before our shows. My hands are shaking as I try to warm up my fingers to play the chords on my guitar. My mind is in too many different places as I do my best to keep myself upright. I can't believe that Ashton didn't come back. I was more hurt than anything because I've gotten my hopes up for two solid years.

"Where's that drummer you found Michael?" Calum snapped and Michael narrowed his eyes at his boyfriend without a word. I felt like I was gonna throw up as I gripped onto my microphone stand to keep myself standing.

"Guys I'm going to go get some air." I mumbled and excused myself. I hopped off the stage and pushed through the small gathering of people until I found a side door. My clammy hands pressed against the metal of the door freeing myself from the stuffy theater.

The cool air surrounded me, temporary soothing my state of mind. How could I let myself believe that he'd be back? It's like being a little kid again and your parents make you a promise that they never keep. You try not to let it hurt you but in the back of your mind it's nagging you to the point of insanity. I fisted my hair and let out a muted scream. How the hell could he do this to me, to us? I never heard the door open so imagine my surprise when I heard Ashton's voice from behind me.

""Hope I'm not too late to be the new drummer." His voice cracked from behind me and I felt every part of my body go numb. No, this can't be real. It's just my fragile mind playing tricks on me.

"No, this isn't real." I whispered and felt tears gather in my eyes. My breath was coming slower but my hear was beating faster.

"Luke, it's okay to turn around." He said with a small giggle and I felt my stomach flip. Believe it or not Ashton's voice had matured but his giggle was still the same. If I turned around and he was completely different I didn't know if I could handle it.

I took a deep breath and screwed my eyes shut before turning around slowly to face him. When I opened my eyes I felt all the air leave my lungs. Ashton was the same. His hair was a little longer then usual but still messy as usual, his body was a little more built but the stupid grin on his face was the same. His hazel eyes darted toward the pavement then back to me and he smiled even deeper. I'm sure I looked like a deer in the headlights because I had no clue what to do or say.

"You're really here." I breathed out lamely and Ashton giggled again. He nodded his head and I chuckled humorlessly. Before I could control my body I rushed over and wrapped my arms around Ashton, pulling his body against mine. He felt the same. He smelt the same, everything felt exactly the same.

Time stood still as we stood wrapped in each other's arms. I swear I breathed in every single inch of Ashton's being before he pulled away from me. He was still grinning like an idiot but his eyes wondered up and down my body in inspection.

"You grew!" He exclaimed and both of us burst out laughing.

"You finally got some stubble." I teased and reached out to stroke his jaw. He sucked in a sharp breath at our contact and it took all I could not to pull away from the electricity. Ashton's eyes fluttered closed and he leaned his cheek into my palm so I could let my thumb ghost over his skin.

"I missed you." He whispered smiling at me. I smiled back and leaned down to press my lips softly to his. The spark that everyone always talks about was more like a fire when our lips touched. My heart sped up because my fears were gone, Ashton was still mine.

"I missed you too." I whispered against Ashton's lips. He smiled again before kissing me softly for a second time. Just as we pulled away, the door swung open revealing a frazzled Calum.