34

A/N: Okay so I wrote some smut and it's my first time so I hope it's not too awful. It will start at the *** so if you don't want to read it just scroll past that

Luke's POV

The last couple of days have been extremely awkward between me and Skylar but I've been ignoring him. After what he tried to do I decided to just ignore him and have a great time the next two days. Tonight we were going to Times Square to watch the ball drop but I really wish Ashton would be there too. I would have to just take a million pictures to show him when I get home, like I have with everything else I've done this week. I was so excited to get home even though I was absolutely in love with the city.

We were having dinner and then heading off to Times Square so I was in the shower, thinking. Thinking about Ashton, my future, our future and silently hoping that maybe New York would be involved. I had never been to east coast and now I think I've loved the taste I got. Maybe I could check out some colleges around here, just in case.

I got out of the shower to get dressed and did so slowly. I swear when I get home I'm going to sleep for a solid day at least. Jet lag and timezones are evil things that shouldn't exist at all. I lazily dried my hair and covered it in a beanie, too lazy to do anything else. I was alone when I went down to dinner and ride in a van away from my usual group of people. I was none too happy about what happened the other night and since I'd probably never see them again I thought it best to just cut ties now.

Times Square was already buzzing with people and it was barely past 8 o'clock. I wandered off on my own through the anxious crowds until I was standing in front of a small diner that was in a perfect spot to watch the ball drop. The festivities were amazing and I loved watching all the music acts that were playing up on the screens. Someone was selling hot chocolate and I bought myself a cup while I was still waiting anxiously for midnight to strike.

But even with all the excitement around me I just kept wishing that Ashton was here.

Ashton's POV

Baggage claim was a complete bitch and put a delay in getting to Times Square. I was staying at the same hotel that Luke was in as luck would have it. I would have to remember to thank Liz another million times for making this possible. I was in the hotel long enough to check in and leave my bags in my room but I needed to be in Times Square in 30 minutes.

Traffic was worse than baggage claim and we'd been stuck in bumper to bumper for at least 15 minutes; my time was running out. I tried to call Luke but his phone must be dead because it keeps going to voicemail, damn it. Out the window of the taxi I could see the crystals of the ball begin to light up, I had to find Luke now. I pulled some money from my wallet to toss up to the driver and I bailed out of the car to take off running down the street.

My lungs were on fire from the cold air and I had only ran probably two blocks when I noticed the countdown had started. I doubled over in exhaustion trying to catch my breath and my eyes darted around the crowd in search of Luke.

15, 14, 13, 12...

Shit.

11, 10, 9, 8...

Damn it I need to find Luke. My eyes destperatly combed the crowd and just as five seconds flashed upon the screen a pair of crystal blue eyes caught mine. They were wide and he blinked a few times in disbelief when I started to walk towards him.

4, 3, 2...

We were close enough now that when the clock struck midnight and the world exploded around us, I could press my lips to Luke's. He was timid at first but then our lips worked together in harmony. When he pulled away to look at me, a huge smile was painted on his face. Then we both looked up to the confetti falling from the New Years sky and it felt like a dream. Luke's forehead rested against mine and his visible breath was hot against my still healing face. We were smiling like dorks but it felt to be this close to Luke again. His arms wrapped tightly around me, pulling me into a warm hug.