44

Ashton's POV

Whoever decided that graduation attire should involve these stupid hats needs a proper smack. I look like I have a fucking propeller on my head. And the tassel, what side does it even go on? With a groan I grabbed off the stupid hat and tossed it to my bed. My gown was swallowing me and I was dying of heat stroke under it.

Graduation day is just a stressful time okay. I'm trying to remember all we went through in rehearsal this morning but now that it's getting so close, I'm freaking out. I adjusted my tie on my stupid dress shirt one last time before I grabbed up the motor board and headed downstairs. Michael and Karen were in the kitchen and she was tying his tie.

"Oh Ashton look at you!" Karen exclaimed and I spun in a circle dramatically.

"Michael we look equally as dorky!" I teased and Michael reached out to high five me. He looked ridiculous in his own gown and I'm glad I wasn't alone. We did our best to put the caps on our heads but it involved a lot of hysterical laughing.

"Okay you boys get together, I want a picture!" Karen ordered and grabbed her camera. Michael and I scooted together, each of us grabbing each other around the shoulders.

My brother, my saving grace in a lot of ways. I couldn't have made it this far without Mikey and as we stood there hugging each other for a picture I realized how much I needed him. Michael smiled at me and pulled me into a strong hug, just holding me against him.

"I'm so proud of you Ash." Michael whispered and I squeezed a little tighter.

"I couldn't have done it without you Michael." I assured and his hand clapped against my back softly.

"Okay that's enough of that boys! I need to save all my tears for the ceremony." Karen teased and we each pulled her into a hug. With a couple more snap shots of Michael and Karen together, we were off to our graduation. Michael and I were silent in the car because we were both nervous as freaking hell.

What if I fell onstage or off the stage? Or tripped or did something stupid? I mean the possiblities were endless for me to screw this graduation up. I shifted uncomfortably and tugged at my tie again with Michael laughing from across the car. I glared at him but he didn't stop laughing at me.

"What the fuck are you laughing at?" I snapped followed by a giggle.

"You look ridiculous Ash." He chuckled and I burst into full out laughter. The car filled with our laughter and you could tell that we were actually happy. Happy for this moment.

"You should see yourself." I teased and Michael continued to laugh. We finally calmed down just in time for is to arrive to the gym to do last minute preparations. Michael and I chose to walk together which I was thankful for because I was growing insanely nervous.

We made small talk with some kids in our class until our principal ordered us to line up. Once the music began to play we walked into our main gym that was stuffed with people. My eyes were desperately searching for Luke as Michael and I walked to our seats. Finally towards the end of our journey my eyes met the familiar crystal blue I've come to love. He was staring at me with a huge smile on his face and I gave him a small wave. Our eyes were locked and I mouthed 'I love you' at him before I had to turn my back to him.

My mind was focused on Luke the entire time our principal rambled on. We had so many guest speakers and I swear I have never been so bored in my entire life. I let my mind drift to all the things Luke and I have done and have yet to do. Damn I'm going to miss him. But the selfish part of me knows that I will do good back home plus I can't wait to see my Grammy and Jade again. I smiled to myself and looked down to my feet in attempts to hide my smile but Michael noticed. He nudged me and raised an eyebrow at me but all I could do was shrug.