38

Ashton's POV

Even with Ben's accident Calum, Mikey and I had to come back to Salem for school. It was super lonely without Luke at school but now we are back at Mikey's studying. Calum is just keeping us company since he is a goody two shoes and got all his homework done in class. Michael is studying to retake a test in English while I'm struggling without Luke to study geometry. I sighed in defeat tossing my textbook down against my bed, disturbing Indie from his nap. I scratched my puppy's ear in apologies and he climbed up in my lap to resume his nap. I loved having Indie around and so far he's only chewed up one of Karen's shoes so I think that is a good thing. I continued to stroke at his fur as I looked around to Calum and Mikey. Calum was on the floor leaning against my bed and Michael was above him sitting at my desk, staring down at his literature book.

He let out a groan and buried his face into the pages before letting out a defeated whimper. Calum stroked his leg like a kid, tickling him and making Mikey giggle. It was so funny to watch those two. In the moments when they thought no one was watching and they did the cutest things, were the moments Luke and I always witnessed. I've been texting Luke off and on all day but since I've been studying for a solid hour I think a text is over due.

"I need a break before my brain explodes." Michael complained but I agreed.

"Me too." I said and tried not to smile too obnoxiously while I texted Luke back.

"So Ash have you thought anymore about moving to Australia?" Michael said and Calum nearly spun his head off his shoulders when he turned to look at me. I glared at Michael and his big mouth but he just shrugged.

"You're moving to Australia? Have you told Luke?" Calum said and I felt a little guilt that I haven't but in my defense I wasn't even sure I was going.

"No and neither of you need to tell him because I'm not sure I'm even going." I defended myself but Calum's big brown eyes were still staring at me.

"When would you leave?" Calum said and I shrugged because I wasn't really sure what to say.

"I don't know Cal, probably after the summer is over." I shrugged and played with Indies tiny ear.

"You'd leave him?" Calum asked and I felt my breathing hitch. I've gone over this in my head a thousand freaking times and I still haven't come to a conclusion whether I could leave Luke or not.

"I don't know." I mumbled and Calum gave me a sympathetic look. The room fell silent again until Calum decided to help Mikey study. I was trying my best to go over my math but my mind was swirling around.

"Ashton! Can you come down here a second?" Karen called from downstairs and Michael smirked at me like I was in trouble so I flipped him off on my way out of the room. Indie was following right behind me down the stairs and to the kitchen where Karen was.

"You rang?" I teased and jumped up to sit on the counter. Indie was pawing at the cabinet below me because he wanted me to pick him up but I just pouted at him and he let out a little bark.

"He loves you Ashton." She teased and watched a disappointed Indie lay down below my feet.

"He's such a cute little guy." I giggled but felt like we were getting off subject.

"Anyway, you got a letter from your school today and your last report card to determine whether you graduate or not but I didn't open it." She explained handing me a envelope and my pulse began to race. I've worked hard to get my grades up and my attendance has been better so I'm hoping that shows on paper.

With trembling fingers I tore open the envelope to take out the ticket to my future. My grades were the best I had ever seen them and circled in red was the amount of credits I have earned and it looked like I had enough. Down at the bottom of the page was a yes or no box to tell me if I was on track to graduate or not and mine was marked with a yes. I was going to graduate! I let out a happy yell and jumped off the counter, scaring Indie and wrapped my arms around Karen.

"I did it!" I said excitedly and she hugged me back tightly. I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I felt tears of joy escape my eyes. Karen pulled back to look me in the eyes and she smiled lovingly at me.

"I'm so proud of you." She said. Her hands were on either side of my face and her thumb wiped away my tears. I could help but lean into her touch and close my eyes to smile. I finally did something right in my life.

"Thanks mum." I whispered and she pulled me into another hug.

"Go call Luke!" She laughed and I scooped up Indie and ran to the backyard to call Luke.

Indie was bouncing around in the grass while I was waiting for Luke to pick up my call. I was anxious to tell him my good news but my mind was still thinking about what I would do after graduation.

Luke's POV

I've been sitting with Ben while my mom and Jack went to get something to eat and I'm growing painfully bored. I've played so many levels of Candy Crush that I was tired of it so now I'm just staring at the ceiling, listening to Ben snore. He's been doing a lot better over the past couple days and if a of his tests come back good, he gets to go home tomorrow. Unfortunately whether he goes home tomorrow or not, Jack and I have to go back to Salem to return to school.

Just as I was dozing off, my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I dug it out to see Ashton's number and face pop up on the screen, instantly lifting my mood.

"Hello Ash." I said with a smile. I made sure I wasn't talking loud enough to wake Ben but I didn't want to whisper.

"Lukey! I have exciting news!" He chirped and I felt excitement bubble up in my chest.

"What Ashy?" I chuckled and he squeaked on the other end.

"I'm gonna graduate!" He yelled and I let out a very girly scream but clapped my hand over my mouth so I didn't wake Ben up.

"Oh my gosh Ashton that's so amazing!" I said and felt so proud of Ashton.

"I couldn't have done it without you Luke." He said with a sniffle and I knew he was crying.

"I'm so proud of you Ashton. How about I take you out to celebrate?" I offered and Ashton giggled.

"Why Mr. Hemmings we are being a bit forward aren't we?" He mocked an American accent and I laughed at him.

"Well if it gets me somewhere then yes." I teased and we continued to giggle.

"I miss you." He said with a sigh.

"I miss you too." I breathed.

"And Indie misses you too." Ashton added and I chucked.

"I miss Indie too." I said and rolled my eyes at how silly my boyfriend could be.

"Well I have to go study, but call me before you go to bed so I can say goodnight." Ashton said and I swear I could picture the sloppy smile that was on his face.

"I will. I love you and I'm so proud of you." I said softly like I only wanted to speak to Ashton.

"Thanks babe, I love you too." He said and we both lingered on the line for a silent second before we hung up. I fist pumped because I was so excited Ashton was actually going to graduate. I took a seat at the chair in front of the window and away from Ben who was still sleeping. I got onto my twitter to pass the boring time again but I was still bored out of my mind. I was shocked when I heard Ben's voice break the silence.

"You two are so damn adorable." Ben rasped with his eyes still closed and he let out a chuckle. My face heated in embarrassment but I couldn't disagree with my older brother.

>>>>
This is such a filler and I apologize but I wanted to do something.

I hope that this story isn't dragging on for you guys. I'm shooting for 50 chapters but if I go over that I'm not going to panic bc I want to get everything out.

But 5K!! Holy shit guys thank you!! I never expected any of this support.

Hope you all still love this story

Until I update again :)