7

"So if you take the sum of these two angles you get?" I asked waiting for Ashton to answer. 

"180 degrees." Ashton answered correctly finally. I nodded to show he was right and he wrote down the answer. I had been tutoring Ashton for a week now and other than talking math we haven't talked. 

"Well my mom will be home any minute and your two hours is up." I said and started to gather my own materials up. 

"Are you grounded or something? I mean your mom barely lets me come over to work on math." Ashton asked as he gathered up his textbook. 

"Yeah I'm grounded for like another week and a half." I groaned at the thought of being trapped another week. 

"Mate that's no fun." Ashton said and I rolled my eyes. As if he doesn't know he's the reason I'm grounded. 

"Well Ashton, see you Monday." I said and opened the door for him. He smiled at me and I did my best to give one back then he was gone. I sighed and picked up our water glasses from the table and placed them in the sink. 

"Luke I'm home!" My mom called from the living room. I rolled my eyes and stalked into the other room to find her. 

"Hi mom." I said with little enthusiasm. 

"Where's your brother?" She asked and I flopped down on the couch. I wasn't allowed to have TV or video games for another week so I was struggling here. 

"I think there was a party or something tonight." I said and put my feet on the coffee table. 

"Feet off. Well then since it's just the two of us wanna order pizza and watch a movie?" She asked running her hand through my hair. I shot up off the couch and started walking over to the stairs. 

"I can't I'm grounded remember?" I bit back and took off up the stairs. Either my mother was speechless or she was taking her time coming up the stairs to yell at me. 

She took my guitar too so there was nothing for me to do except maybe write some lyrics which sounded awfully good right now. The feeling of dragging the pencil across the paper letting words pour from my heart to the page was just what I needed right now. It was only like 8 o'clock and my stomach was growling, plus I couldn't stay mad at my mom. 

I walked down the stairs to see her sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap. I took a deep breath and sat down next to her. She didn't move at first but I could see the smile on her lips. I rested my head on her shoulder and started rubbing my head on her arm, begging for attention. She started laughing at me and sat her laptop on the coffee table. 

"Order a pizza and call Calum, I'm tired of you moping around." She said with a chuckle and a ruffle of my hair. 

"Really?" I asked looking up at her with my puppy dog eyes. 

"Yes Luke but I'm still angry about what happened the other night and you are still grounded." She explained and I groaned a little but pecked her cheek before hopping off the couch to text Calum. 

He was at my front door within minutes and we raced downstairs to the Xbox. I tackled Calum to the couch to get the best controller and turned on FIFA. Apparently going a week without it helped my game because I wiped the pitch with Cal. 

"Lukey your game is definitely improving." Calum praised and punched me in the arm. 

"I've been on a drought Cal, I've been preparing for this moment of triumph." I said and laughed evilly.

"So how's tutoring with Ashton going?" He asked and I shrugged. 

"I don't know Cal we just talk about math and nothing else." I said. 

"He hasn't even brought up the party or the kissing thing?" Cal asked as we started another game. 

"No and I kind of like it that way." I said, wishing I meant that. 

Calum dropped it and we spent the rest of the night in silence. Calum had to go home because my mom wasn't cool with the thought of him staying over while I was still technically grounded. I was a little upset but she had already caved a little and I wasn't going to push it. I couldn't fall asleep that night. Something was just eating at me and I couldn't put my finger on it. I was so bored and too tired to sleep so I decided to make a YouTube video. 

On Friday nights my mom was like a Zombie and her room was on the other side of the house so I wouldn't be waking her up. I pulled out my laptop and sat it on my desk. I managed to bargain with my mom and get my guitar back so I grabbed it up. After a few practice strums I started to play Daydream Away. I took a deep breath, pressed record on my computer screen and began to play the song, singing my heart out.

It went smoothly and I watched it back before posting it to YouTube. It already had a couple views and one or two likes. I felt accomplished and a little more tired. I put everything away and flopped down on my bed. Just as I was about to drift off my phone vibrated with a text message. It was from Ashton. 

Ashton:
What would you say...if I told you I liked you?

I felt my heart began to race and all the blood felt like it drained from my body. What do I say to that? I kinda like him too but at the same time I've never had a crush on a guy before. I can't deny that this past week of tutoring has made me crush on Ashton a little harder but after what he did at the party I wasn't ready for that. 

Before I could type a response I heard a familiar clank on the window. I laughed softly and moved over to the window to look down on Ashton. 

"Ashton I can't come down." I whispered loudly. 

"The can I come up?" He asked and I thought about it for a second. My mom would kill me if she caught him in my room but he isn't going to stay long hopefully and she'll never know he's here. 

"Yeah but be quiet." I warned and Ashton used the tree and drain pipe to crawl up to my window. He fell onto my carpet with a thud and I covered my mouth with my hand so I didn't laugh too loudly. 

"Hi." He whispered and dusted himself off. He had a bandana on over his messy hair and his same outfit from earlier. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked and went to make sure my bedroom door was locked. 

"Well I texted you but then I got nervous so I came to explain myself." He stammered. My cheeks heated about what his text message said and began to feel nervous. 

"Well?" I asked not feeling any other words form. 

"Well I think I like you and I know I fucked up with the party and shit but after being around you during tutoring and class makes me want to get to know you more." He admitted. How did he even know I was bi to did he just assume? 

"What if I'm not gay or bi?" I asked just to gauge his reaction. 

"Then I probably shouldn't have pulled my damn hamstring climbing up the side of your house." He said with a straight face and I started to laugh. He started to laugh too and I began to realize how beautiful of a sound his laugh was. 

"Do you need ice or something?" I joked. 

"So you’re not gay then?" He asked and looked concerned right now. 

"I think I'm bi but I think I have a crush on you too." I admitted. 

"So you'll go out with me?" He asked with his hazel eyes glowing with hope. 

"Whoa, no I never said that! I like you but we need to get to know each other first. I've never been in a relationship before." I admitted and looked down at the floor. 

"Right, slow. I think I can handle slow. Fuck I'm nervous! Are you nervous?" He asked with a small laugh. 

"Surprised but not nervous." I said. 

"Well then I guess I should be going. We can talk tomorrow yeah?" His accent sounded thicker when he said yeah. I nodded and helped him back out of my window. I watched until he was on the ground and he waved. 

"Goodnight Ashton." I whispered. 

"Goodnight Luke." He whispered back and headed through the back gate to his backyard. 

I fell back onto my bed again and smiled about the boy who apparently had a crush on me. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all and we could get to know each other. 

>>>>

Short chapter but I promise another one really really soon :)