14

Calum and I probably looked like idiots walking down the sidewalk with our guitar cases in hand. I barely know Michael and here I am traipsing over to his house with my best friend. I tried to push past all the unfamiliarity of this situation and focus on the fact this could end up being a shot in the dark worth taking. But what if Michael and Calum hated each other and in turn Ashton hated Calum too? That would put a hitch in between Ashton and I. I shook those thoughts from my head as we made it up Michael's front steps. I glanced at Calum who silently encouraged me to push the doorbell which I did. We stood in silence until the door opened revealing a blonde middle aged woman. She was in the middle of fastening her earring and she smiled brightly at Calum and I.

"Hi, you must be Luke and Caleb." She said and I snickered at her calling Calum the wrong name.

"It's Calum." He said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Calum!" She said with the utmost sincerity.

"That's fine ma'am." He smiled at her again.

"You're here for Michael huh? I'm Michael's mother, Karen, please come in." She opened the door wider so we could step in.

"You have a lovely home." Calum said, he was so good at small talk and charming parents.

"Thank you dear. Michael! Luke and Calum are here honey!" She called up the stairs and made sure to put emphasis on Calum's name. Michael came walking down the stairs holding his guitar and he smiled a little seeing me and Calum.

"Hey guys." He greeted us and we both muttered a hey.

"Okay Michael, no parties tonight. I left you money for pizza, make sure Ashton gets dinner too. I'm going to an open house and I should be back by midnight or sooner. I love you." She rambled on and kissed Michael's forehead. She waved at me and Calum and was out the door.

"She totally lost me after she said pizza." He shrugged and we all laughed.

We went down to Michael's basement and he told us to make ourselves comfortable while he ordered pizza. Cal and I tuned our guitars while we waited for Michael to return. After they were tuned we played a few chords of a song just to get a feel for the sound.

"You guys are good, I feel the pressure now." Michael said from the stairs.

"Shall we get started?" I asked and Michael grabbed his own guitar.

...

We decided to try to play Teenage Dirtbag which went surprisingly well. Michael played the guitar and Calum came in on a few spots. I sang, and it was a fun song to sing.

"I think we need a drummer." Calum said with Michael and I nodding in agreement.

"But who do you know that can play the drums?" I asked.

"Well Ash-"

"Hello is anyone home?" Ashton's voice chirped through the house as he walked down the stairs. My heart started to beat fast as he came into view.

"Hey Ashton." Calum greeted him and Ashton waved at Cal.

"Hey guys, how's the jam session going?" He asked, slumping on the couch next to me.

"We need a drummer Ash." Michael said and Ashton's eyes glowed.

"I'll be right back!" He said and took off up the stairs.

A couple of minutes later, a red faced and out of breath Ashton returned holding what looked like a box drum. He sat it down next to Calum on the floor and sat on top of it.

"So what song are we playing lads?" Ashton asked with a smile.

"Teenage Dirtbag." I supplied and he smiled even deeper.

"Classic." He said and began to play. His rhythm was amazing and I couldn't help but stare at his large hands tapping out the beat on his drum. Michael and Calum joined in on guitar and as soon as they got it straightened out I started to sing along.

After the song ended, we all looked at each other in amazement. We actually sounded like a band.

"Whoa." Michael said and I nodded.

"Does this mean we can be a band?" Calum asked with a hopeful voice.

"Hell yeah!" Ashton chirped.

We decided to call it a night with being a band and play video games. Well, Cal and Michael played video games while Ashton and I watched. We were sitting on the couch and Ashton had his arm over the back of the couch behind me. The two guys playing FIFA were bantering back and forth like children and it was amusing to watch.

"Looks like they are getting along." Ashton leaned in to whisper in my ear. I jumped a little and turned to look at him before turning to look at Cal and our new found friend.

"I'm so relieved." I joked and Ashton giggled. I scooted a little closer to him and his arm was now draped over my shoulder. Michael was yelling at Calum who was yelling back, making Ashton and I laugh.

"Can I take you out again Luke?" Ashton asked.

"Yes." I said simply and glanced over at Ashton.

"Tomorrow night my friend Rhett is having a party and I want you to go. Calum can come too, Mikey will be there." I looked back to the new friends. My brain automatically went back to the first party I went to with Ashton and how bad that ended up. But I barely knew him then.

You barely know him now.

"Sure, sounds like fun." I said and Ashton smiled his big beautiful smile. Out of impulse I leaned up to place a kiss on Ashton's cheek. Ashton's dimples were in full effect, making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. Calm down Luke it's just Ashton.

Just Ashton.

>>>>

Super short, a little late and super lame but here it is

Maybe the beginning of 5sos who knows?

Hopefully things start to go somewhere soon...

Until I update again :)