25

Warning:There is some triggering stuff further down so beware and I don't condone this behavior. If you ever need someone I'm here

Luke's POV

Ashton and I have been up talking for at least an hour now and he's just about to leave. It's been two days since our pleasant Thanksgiving and Ashton's been sleeping over secretly again. With it being a Saturday we were able to sleep in before Ashton had to climb back out my window. My mother has been nicer to me and Ashton but then again it could be because Ben is here.

Even though things are smoothing out I can't help but feel like this is the calm before the storm.

Ashton and I were lying shoulder to shoulder with our backs against my bed. He returned to his clothes he was wearing yesterday while I was still shirtless in sweats. I was playing with Ashton's hands while we laid in silence. Silence was never awkward with Ashton because I felt like we spoke even when we weren't talking.

"I have to go." Ashton whispered, running a hand through his messy hair. I pouted and opened my mouth to speak but a knock on my door halted me. I shoved Ashton up from the bed and he headed towards the window. Another knock sounded but before I could say anything Ben's voice called out from the other side.

"Luke?" He questioned and I ushered Ashton to hurry but he was trying to put his shoe on still. He stumbled into my desk, letting out a little scream and I put a finger to my lips to shush him.

"Yeah!" I called out probably too loudly.

"I made breakfast." Ben said and I hurried Ashton up onto the edge of the window.

"Be right down!" I said and Ashton pecked my cheek quickly and he started to exit my room.

"And Luke?"

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"Mom isn't home, tell Ashton he can use the front door." Ashton paused and I turned to the door, practically being able to see the smirk on Ben's face.

Ashton giggled and climbed back into my room while I went to open the door. Ben had his arms crossed over his chest with, sure enough, a smirk on his face. Ashton moved to stand behind me at the door, placing his hand on my still bare shoulder.

"I know how easy it is to climb into the windows in this house, I figured he's be in here." Ben shrugged and walked down the hallway leaving me and Ashton confused.

I left Ashton at the door to grab a shirt and we headed down the stairs to eat breakfast. Ben had gone all out and made pancakes, eggs, bacon and our dad's famous whipped cream and butter syrup. Ashton and I mowed through the food like the teenage boys we are and headed back up to my room. Ashton said he'd go home to shower and be back later since Ben invited him, Calum and Michael over later.

It was honestly nice to have Ben around to keep the peace between my mom and I. Not to mention he loved having Ashton around as much as I do. A little bit after my shower I was in the kitchen making popcorn when I heard panicked knocking on our front door. I hurried to answer it and once I did I was tackled to the floor by my three best friends. They were all hugging me like crazy and being their loud excited selfs but why?

"Lukey we got a gig!" Calum shouted and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"We what?" I exclaimed and struggled to get out from under the dog pile.

"Jason, that I work with, called me like ten minutes ago and said he booked us at his brothers club." Ashton's accent rambled on excitedly.

"What? But we don't have any instruments." My words were rushed because of my excitement.