6

Luke's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring. I knew better than to put a Green Day song as my alarm. It just jolts me awake from whatever nightmare I'm having to the nightmare that is a Monday morning. I unlock my phone to silence the relentless guitar of American Idiot coming from my phone. Another wonderful Monday morning and I was less than ill prepared for this one.

Calum helped me sleep the few hours I did the other night but last night I was on my own. If you are wondering about what happened yesterday morning with my mom, don't bother. I barely went out of my room and she never knew Calum was here. He crawled out my window late yesterday morning and I didn't face my mom until late afternoon. She grounded me from everything except my phone so she could keep watch over me. To sum it up I won't be leaving my house until I'm at least 80.

I scrambled out of the shower with only ten minutes to get dressed. I ran a hand through my wet hair before throwing on whatever was clean in the bottom of my closet and rushing down the stairs to see my mother standing at the stove, great. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and grabbed a banana.

"Jack already left and I have to be at a meeting in ten minutes so it looks like you are stuck with the bus today." She informed me before heading out through the garage.

I groaned and ran outside to catch the bus but to add on to my shitty Monday morning I saw the bus driving away. I sighed and began to walk. It may be ten blocks to school but I'd just have to give it a shot. I would've called Calum but he has early soccer practice. This is just the best Monday ever.

I only made it three houses down before I heard a car coming behind me and by the sound of it they were slowing down. Oh go ahead and complete my morning.

"Need a ride?" A familiar Australian accent called out. I took a deep breath and continued walking but Ashton kept his truck beside me.

"No I don't need a ride now if you'll excuse me I'll be late for school." I said and started off in the direction of school, putting my long legs to use.

"Luke just get in, or we will both be late." Ashton tried to bargain but I kept walking. Not after the weekend I had I'm not dealing with him.

"No Ashton run off to your little girlfriend, I've got things handled." I said still refusing to look at him. I bit my lip and continued to walk but I noticed Ashton's truck had stopped and he was walking after me.

"Luke that was a mistake that I can explain on the way to school now please get in the fucking car!" Ashton shouted and I finally looked up at him. His hazel eyes were dull and he looked exhausted. Join the fucking club. I'm sorry for the language this morning but Ashton was really getting on my nerves.

"No Ashton I would rather be run over or kidnapped than get in your car." I said and tried to push passed him but he caught my wrist with his large hand. He stopped me and I tried to yank myself away but I was too exhausted to fight him.

"Luke, please just let me explain on the way to school and I won't talk to you the rest of the day." Ashton pleaded and I finally yanked my arm away, that's the best offer I've heard all day. I sighed and walked over to Ashton's truck climbing in the front seat. I heard Ashton mutter a thank you before he slammed his door and we took off down the road.

I was still refusing to make eye contact as we drove on and he still hadn't started his explanation.

"I'm still waiting Ashton and after the weekend I had don't think I won't throw myself out of this vehicle." I snapped and Ashton ran his hand through his hair in obvious distress.

"I'm gay." He finally blurted out. "I've only dated one other guy for about a week and that's about it. I don't know why I kissed that whore the other night it was absolutely disgusting and I never intended for it to hurt you Luke but that's what I do, I hurt people. I am a ticking time bomb and when I explode it hurts everyone around Me." he explained and we finally pulled into the school parking lot.