41

Ashton's POV

"Couldn't we just sleep in the car and perform the next day?" Luke asked and I tried to stifle a giggle. He's lying in his bed while I am getting my clothes on to go to work. He's been blurting out every possibility of us getting to LA and he's getting desperate now. I myself am still trying to figure out how we can get there but I refuse to sleep in a car, in Los Angeles.

"In LA? You've gone mad." I laughed and Luke pouted. I was in the middle of buttoning my shirt when Luke climbed from his bed. His hands reached out to push mine away so he could button my shirt. I giggled because I felt like a child with my mother buttoning my shirt, I never could do it.

"You are terrible with these shirts." Luke smirked and I kissed his dimple. He was in nothing but his boxers because we had some fun last night. I wish I had enough time right now to take Luke back to bed but I was late and that would have to wait. I kissed him hard with his hands wandering through my messy hair making me moan.

"Damn I wish I didn't have to go to work." I whined against his lips making Luke chuckle.

"But you do." He teased and poked my dimple like I always did to him. I giggled and placed a swift kiss to his lips before hurrying out of his room.

I climbed in my truck and hurried out of our neighborhood in hopes of beating the early morning traffic. At the first red light I hit I began to think of how I could get our band to LA. I had nearly $3,000 in my savings account and I'm about to get paid again. We still had three weeks until spring break to save more money by we had to enter the competition by next week. Ugh damn it.

All the way to work I pondered the ways I could get us there but I wasn't having any look. I blasted my radio to drown out all the swirling daydreams invading my head. I arrived to work and fell into my same routine, helping out a few customers along the way. About halfway through my shift my boss called me into his office. I was freaking the fuck out because I usually only get called in here if I've been late too often. I stood in the doorway while my boss typed away at his computer and I tried to gather my composure.

"Ashton! Good to see you." He said with a smile.

"Sir." I said and took a seat across from him.

"You aren't in trouble so relax son." He chuckled and my body lost tension. "I called you in here to promote you actually." He informed and my face heated. Promote me?

"Promote me?" I asked, this time aloud and my boss nodded.

"To manager. You pull a lot of the weight around here Ashton and I think it's time you get some credit." He said.

"Thank you."

"I'm giving you a $500 bonus on this pay check then upping your hourly pay by $3 an hour." He said, turning back to his computer. An extra $500? This was insane. Talk about perfect timing.

"Thank you so much sir." I stood up and he stood as well to shake my hand.

"Not a problem Ashton, thanks for your help around here."

"My pleasure." I said and dismissed myself from his office.

I tried my best not to cartwheel back to the register. Now LA seemed like an easier possibility than before. One after another scenario I was able to put the possible pieces of getting us to LA. A woman was searching through the CDs and I decided to offer her some help. I walked up behind her, trying not to startle her but she turned around before I could say anything.

"Can I hel-Jade?" My heart stopped when I saw her hazel eyes. Her blonde hair was much longer than it used to be but it was still the same beautiful color.