12

Ashton's POV

I had been in the shower for quite a while now, just thinking things through. The water was turning cold but I still had things to figure out. I rested my head against the cold tile and let the water run down my back. I sighed deeply and stuck my head back under the shower head.

Things with Luke have been great. I've been trying really hard to be what he needs and not be too attached. All this "being a friend" shit was a lot harder than it looked. I've been spending the night at his house and don't get me wrong I love it but I feel like we are getting nowhere. I barely know anything about him and same goes for him. He doesn't know all the shit I've done or the fact that my parents are dead beats and my dad is dead. He doesn't know anything, and let's face it I can't tell him everything.

Of course you can't Ashton; he will run straight for the hills if he knows all that.

I know.

Great I am talking to myself now. I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my waist. It was Friday and I told Luke I would pick him up in about an hour, shit. I used a different towel to dry my messy hair then I hurried into my room to get dressed. I had picked out one of my better pairs of skinny jeans and a nice maroon button up shirt. It was long sleeved to hide my cuts but I had intentions of rolling the sleeves up and just wearing bracelets. The scars were healing thank god.

I pulled on a pair of boxers and my jeans and was about to button my shirt when Michael walked in my room. I sighed and attempted to button the buttons but my hands started shaking.

"Wow Ash, pulling out the button up shirt does someone have a date?" Michael asked and I dropped my arms in defeat.

"As a matter of fact I do asshole." I said and tried to button my shirt but Mikey took over.

"I'm assuming with Luke." He said buttoning up my shirt and straightened it out before I took care of the sleeves. Michael sat down on my bed and I moved over to the dresser to grab my bracelets.

"Does this look okay?" I asked and ran my hands over the front of my shirt again, Michael nodded. I sprayed some on cologne and ran a quick hand through my hair.

"Where are you taking him?" Michael asked.

"Bowling, then I'm going to take him to the cliff." I said and Michael smirked. "What are you smirking about?"

"Nothing, just you never take anyone to the cliff unless they are special. I mean you've taken me there and that one guy, what was his name?" Michael pressed and I felt like punching him.

"His name was Adam and he doesn't count because he took my damn virginity that night and never called me again." I said feeling angry now.

"Dude you weren't a virgin." Michael added and shot him a glare.

"Veronica doesn't count either, we were both drunk." I said, stuffing my wallet in my back pocket.

"Still doesn't make you a virgin." Michael shrugged.

"Shut up Mikey." I snapped and walked out of my bedroom with him right behind me.

"Stay safe tonight Ash and don't scare the poor kid off." Michael said and I punched his arm before taking off out the door.

Nerves were brewing in my stomach as I approached Luke's front door. I was just wishing and hoping that it was Luke who opened the door and not Jack. I rang the doorbell and a couple seconds later the door swung open revealing a very well dressed Luke. He had on a black and red flannel shirt on under a leather jacket and his hair was perfectly done. He looked like sex on legs and I had to control myself.