45

Luke's POV

The warm sunshine awoke me from a beautiful dream to an empty bed. Panic filled my chest like water making me sit up straight in the bed, panting and sweating in fear. Ashton is gone but where did he go? Just as I'm about to toss the blankets away from my body, the hotel door swung open. Ashton's huge hands were holding two bowls of cereal along with two cups of coffee that he was magically holding halfway with his chin.

"Morning sunshine." He chirped and sat the breakfast on the small table before pouncing next to me on the bed. He giggled as he crawled over to he on all fours and collapsed on top of my chest. We both started laughing and Ashton rolled on his back to spread himself on top of me.

"You are the worst morning person." I groaned in an attempt to push Ashton off of me but he just continued to giggle like a small child.

"The sky is awake, so I'm awake." He teased in his best Ana voice and I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

"I knew it wasn't a good idea to let you watch Frozen." I grumbled and finally managed to push the giggling boy off of me.

"But it was so cute." He chirped and climbed off the bed completely to return to his coffee.

"What did you bring me?" I asked and walked up behind him to rest my chin on his shoulder.

"Cheerios."

"Oh Irwie you definitely know the way to my heart." I teased a now pouting Ashton.

"I hate when you call me that." He grumbled and grabbed up the bowl of cereal to hand it to me.

"Irwie?" I asked and Ashton nodded, still pouting. It was a new nickname that I had come up with to mirror the awful name he called me; Lukey.

"It sounds stupid." He shook his head and I stuck my tongue out at him before eating a spoonful of cereal. We both took a seat cross legged on the bed with our cereal in our lap and ate in mostly silence.

Ashton's hazel eyes were practically burning into my soul as we ate staring at each other. I let my eyes trail over his face just drinking in every single detail that was Ashton. His shimmering eyes, his dimples, the way his lips curve into a smile when I know he's thinking about something. All things that are perfection to me even though they are simple. All of the small details of Ashton were the details that made me fall in love with him a little more every single day.

"Holy shit Luke take a picture it would last longer." Ashton's smooth voice teased followed by his famous giggle and I had no choice but to look elsewhere in embarrassment.

"Shut up." I mumbled and earned a small shove from my boyfriend.

"So big shot, do we have some sort of amazing plans for that day?" Ashton smirked. My eyes snapped back up to catch his again and I felt my face fall slowly. The truth is, I had no plans for this mini getaway. I just sort of thought we'd get out of town for the weekend and spend some quality time together.

"No, no plans." I said, grabbing up our bowls and placing them back in their original spot.

"Well it's a good thing you have an awesome boyfriend huh?" Ashton asked and I turned around to face him. He was holding pieces of paper that look like tickets and he had a smirk on his face.

"What are those?"

"Tickets to the aquarium." He shrugged and I laughed softly.

"The aquarium?" I chuckled and Ashton nodded.

"Yes! It's supposed to be one of the best in the country and I figured the four of us would check it out." He explained and I smirked at him. My mind flashed back to New York where we spend nearly the whole day at the zoo watching the penguins.