32

A/N: The New York chapters are all inspired by Already Home by A Great Big World

Ashton's POV

4 am came faster than I wanted it to. Luke told his mum goodbye now we are driving the dead streets to the airport. Neither of us are saying a word and for my sake that's probably a good thing. I have no clue what to say. I don't want to say goodbye that's for damn sure.

It's just a week Ashton. Damn.

I found a parking spot where I didn't have to pay an outrageous amount to park for fifteen minutes and put my truck in park. It was getting harder by the second. Luke and I both jumped out of the truck and I grabbed his suitcase from the back seat, pulling it behind me as we entered the door. Luke checked in his bag and was now headed to security where I couldn't go. This was it.

"Well I board in thirty minutes so I better get through security." He gestured behind him and I nodded with understanding. In my head I'd been tossing around what I was going to say but I had nothing. I wasn't good at this kind of shit.

"I don't want you to miss your flight." I said and looked down at my feet. My hands where stuffed in my front pockets and my feet toyed with the carpet beneath them, I was nervous.

"I will call you first thing when I get in." He said and I finally made my eyes look at him. His blue eyes were tired and his lip was between his teeth.

"Be safe but have fun." I said and things were getting increasingly awkward.

"Please don't hesitate to call me if you need to-"

"Luke I'll be fine. Go, before you miss your plane." I said with a humorless laugh. Luke nodded and wrapped his arms around me in a quick hug and I pulled my hands from my pockets to wrap my arms around the younger lad.

"Bye Ash."

"See you soon Luke." I smiled and watched him turn away. I hated saying the word goodbye.

I stood alone in the airport watching Luke walk away from me. My feet were planted until I saw him disappear into security. My tired body moved over to a large glass window where I could watch the planes take off. Too many were taking off at once for me to tell which one was Luke's but I stayed put until I was sure he was gone.

My truck drove through the hustle and bustle of the early morning but my mind seemed to be empty. I just hoped with all I had that Luke made this week the best possible week. He's on this trip because he's intelligent and I wanted him to show everyone at that New York conference that he was. I'm new to all this love and people can tell us we are too young but I know that this is what it feels like.

Always wanting the best for whoever you love.

I don't have any clue how I made it home but I did. The front door seemed heavy against my hands when I opened it and I made my legs carry me up the stairs to my bed. I crawled under the covers and prayed that sleep would come but I ended up just tugging at a loose thread on my sheets.

"Ashton?" Michael's voice called from my door. When I didn't answer he pushed it open slowly, sneaking around the barrier. He walked over to my bed and sat next to me, rubbing my leg.

"What time is it?" I hadn't even seen a clock since I woke up this morning.

"It's a little past 10. Calum and I are going to grab some lunch later did you wanna come?" He asked with his sincere green eyes. I was always up for food but I really just wanted to sleep.

"I don't know, maybe." I grumbled and tried to disappear under the covers but Michael caught me.

"I'm not going to let you mope around this whole week. Take a quick nap then you are going to lunch with me and Cal." He practically demanded then he got up to leave my room. I let out a deep sigh when the door shut and sunk under the covers again.