22

Ashton's POV

Luke and I have been dating for a month now and I've never been happier. His mum has let me come over a few times for a movie but she is still very cold towards me. I get that she's overprotective but I haven't done anything to make her think I am going to crush Luke. I've still been sleeping over and getting pretty damn skilled at climbing up to his window.

School hasn't been so bad either I suppose. I still ditch a couple classes but all in all I like to be here because Luke is here. I get to walk him to class, see him in class and spend lunch time with him, not to mention I get to drive him home or to work sometimes. If I had it my way, we'd spend every waking second together but I don't want him to get sick of me.

I've found out that Luke is my own personal painkiller. Whenever I feel down or angry, I use Luke to numb the pain. He makes me happy so I forget everything bad and the guilt disappears. My boyfriend is so much better than alcohol.

This morning I overslept my alarm so I was just in time to catch second period. I went to the school office to sign myself in and I pushed through the door. On my walk to Luke's classroom, so I could walk him to class, I noticed a red haired girl wandering around the hallway. I walked closer and saw she had tears running down her cheeks. I've never been one to talk to strangers but this girl looked like she needed some help.

"Are you looking for something?" I asked as I moved closer to the crying girl.

"My math class." She sniffled. "I'm new here and I can't find my class and I absolutely hate being late but I got up late and my mom couldn't drop me off in time so I missed most of my class." She rambled on in practically one sentence.

She was a pretty girl with hazel-green eyes and freckles. She looked like the kind of girl everyone would be jealous of.

"Well the math classes are this way." I gestured and she walked next to me down the hallway.

"I think this is it but might as well just look for my second period class." She groaned. I gestured towards her schedule and she handed me the paper, she had chemistry next.

"Well you got lucky, chemistry is just two doors down." I pointed down the hallway and offered a smile.

"Thank you so much. Oh! Where are my manners? I'm Harley Stewart." She stuck her hand out for me to shake.

"Ashton Irwin." I smiled and released her handshake just as the bell rang.

"Well I better be off but I'll see you around Ashton." She winked and was out of sight. So much for walking Luke to class. I shrugged and walked into geometry to wait for him.

I was listening to my music when I glanced up to see Luke walking through the door. He smiled shyly at me and made his way to his desk.

"Ashton you are early to class!" He teased and I giggled.

"I know! What's my reward?" I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"How about milkshakes after school?" He finally asked and I smiled over at him.

"Why Luke, did you just ask me on a date?" I asked and put my hand on my chest like I was extremely flattered.

"Call it what you want." He shrugged and smirked. I shook my head in laughter and the bell rang to start class.

The day has gone surprisingly fast considering it's a Friday but I'm not complaining. I was on my way to my truck to wait for Luke when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see that redhead I helped earlier walking towards me. Damn it I'm so bad with names. Haley?