10

Luke's POV

I awoke with a start when I heard my alarm going off. I groaned at how awful I felt. My eyelids were weighted and my body also felt heavy. My mouth felt like a desert and tasting absolutely disgusting. I sat up in my bed to run my hands through my hair and every memory of yesterday came flooding back.

Okay so maybe not every memory because I had a lot to drink but definitely the majority came back. I remember Ashton helping me home, me throwing up and begging Ashton to stay with me. My bed was empty now but my window was slightly opened which meant Ashton had escaped without my mom finding him. Thank god.

I slithered out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I luckily had the hallway bathroom to myself because Jack had is own connected to his room. My reflection definitely did it's job at reflecting how awful I felt in my appearance. I stripped off my clothes and stepped into the steaming water. It seemed to wash away the stiffness and sickness but my headache was not letting up. I shouldn't have drank so much and I will let this be a lesson learned.

I threw on a pair of jeans and a sweater, not caring if it was still a little warm outside. I was too lazy to try to turn a bad hair day around so I just put on a beanie that Calum had left here. I took one last look in the mirror and headed down the stairs. My job started back up today so after school I'd have to head straight to the movie theater. Which meant I'll have to beg Jack for a ride, yay.

I'm the kitchen my mom was making coffee and Jack was eating a bowl of cereal. I had to do a double take when I looked at him because his face looked awful. I'm not being rude, it literally lioked awful. His nose was swollen and bruised as was under his eyes.

"What happened to you?" I asked as I started to eat a banana. I was too sluggish to eat anything else.

"Just a little fight, no big deal. You should see the other guy." Jack teased as he placed his bowl in the sink.

"I can't believe you didn't tell anyone, maybe I should call the school Jack." My mom said.

"Nah mom, I handled it." He said and gave her a hug, grabbing his back pack and heading towards the garage. I did the same and hustled out the door after Jack.

...

I made my way to Calum who was at his locker and stood next to him. I placed my head against the locker next to me, hoping for some relief from this terrible headache. Calum smiled down at me but once he noticed I was in pain his face got more serious.

"What's the matter Lukey?" He asked and shut his locker. The noise might as well just been a bomb going off and I flinched at how loud it was.

"Nothing." I groaned.

"Are you hungover?" Calum asked, looking like a disapproving mother. I nodded and looked over at him, afraid of what was to come next. But Calum just laughed.

"Stop laughing Cal." I glared at him and he continued his little fit.

"Luke Hemmings, hungover, on a Tuesday! This is grand!" He teased and I put my hand over his mouth.

"Shut up. I ditched yesterday and I don't want everyone to know I went to get drunk with Ashton." I admitted and instantly regretted it when Calum grabbed my hand from his mouth and his face switched into his interrogation face.

"You ditched school, to get drunk with Ashton? Who are you and what have you done with Luke?" He asked as we turned to walk to class.

"Trust me it's never happening again, hangovers suck." I groaned as we sat down at our desks.

"Little Lukey is growing up." Calum teased and tried to grab at my cheek but I slapped his hand away.

Calum continued laughing and I was begging for the bell to ring so I could get this day over with. It did ring finally but I felt like my head was gonna shatter into a million pieces. Our teacher put a sentence on the board to copy and I got right to work.