31

Ashton's POV

"Wake up its Christmas!" Michael yelled and landed on me with a thud. I groaned loudly but Michael continued to lay on top of me. I swear he's a five year old trapped in an eighteen year olds body.

"I'm up, I'm up" I said and sat up in my bed. I rubbed my eyes and saw there was a fresh blanket of snow outside.

Michael and I had left Luke's house not very long after Christmas officially made its appearance. Looking at the sun that's barely into the sky it was evident Michael woke me up too damn early.

"Come on, mom made homemade hot chocolate and we are about to open presents!" Michael shouted, still jumping on my bed.

"Ill race you down there!" I challenged and jumped out of bed. Michael took off towards the door but I was faster. I slipped and slid across the floor but made it to the Christmas tree faster than my counterpart.

"You cheated!" Michael said out of breath.

"Whatever Mikey." I said with a laugh. Karen entered the room with two steaming mugs of chocolatey goodness, handing us each one.

"Good morning boys. Merry Christmas." She smiled and took a seat in the recliner.

"Merry Christmas." We said in unison and Michael was already dividing presents up.

I had a decent pile which made me feel even more special. On Michael's count we started to tear into our presents. Ever since I was little I loved to watch others open their presents first. I enjoyed seeing the looks of joy that they gave and how happy they got. That was truly Christmas for me. I watched as Karen opened her gift from me that I had help with from the lady at Macy's. It was a really nice shirt that practically screamed Karen. Then Michael and I split the cost of a beautiful necklace.

I watched as tears formed in Karens eyes when she opened the necklace. It was two silver hearts connected together and one side had an A while the other side had an M. Our birthstones were what the letters were place over and we thought it was perfect the second we saw it.

"Oh boys! I love it, it's gorgeous." She said with a sniffle. I smiled over to Michael who gave me a thumbs up.

I finally opened all my gifts and was extremely excited. I got some shirts I had been wanting, a new pair of jeans, some cologne and I still had one small little box to open. All eyes were on me while I tore through the red paper to see an iPhone box. A new phone!

"We got tired if you trying to use that ancient phone." Karen teased and I gave her a smile.

"A new phone! Guys!" I said and jumped up to hug both of them. "Thank you!" I said and hugged the box to my chest.

"You're welcome Ash. If you need help setting it up just ask." Michael said and started to pick up his wrapping paper mess.

"You boys pick up the living room and I'll make us some breakfast." Karen said and left the room.

"Damn I'm so excited to use this thing." I giggled and Michael laughed too. We finished cleaning the living room and I was starting to set up my new phone when the doorbell rang. I gave Michael a confused look and went to answer the door.

We were supposed to go over to Luke's at 11 but maybe he was too impatient. When I opened the door Liz was smiling with a plate of cookies in her hands. Karen suddenly appeared behind me and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Good morning, Merry Christmas." She beamed and we bid her good morning too. "I know you and Michael are coming over this morning but I came over to invite you all to Christmas dinner." She said and held out the plate of cookies to Karen.