49

Luke's POV

Six Months Later

"Luke could you stop working on that song for like two seconds and pretend like you actually care." Calum whined from my closet and I sat my pen down against the open notebook lying on the bed in front of me.

"What Cal?" I groaned, giving him my full attention.

"You are the only one that owns nice dress shirts so help me pick one out." He grumbled holding up two different colors of shirts, one blue and one maroon.

"The maroon one. I don't know why you are freaking out so bad Cal, it's just Michael." I said and let my eyes skim the words I had written down.

"But it's our first official date and he said he was dragging me to some fancy restaurant." Calum said, buttoning the shirt up. Once it was on he moved to stand in front of me stretching his arms out, waiting for my approval. Calum looked good in that shirt and with the smile on his face, he looked so happy.

"You look good Cal." I smiled and Calum sat down next to me on my bed. I watched as his eyes looked over the words on my page. He knew I had been working so hard on this song so we would have something new to post to YouTube for our small accumulation of fans.

"Wherever You Are? It's about Ashton I'm assuming." He smiled but I didn't let myself do the same. After all this time it still felt a little painful to hear Ashton's name now that we don't talk as much as we used to.

"It's always about him." I sighed.

"You should call him Lukey." Calum pinched my cheek and I leaned away from him with a small chuckle.

"I will later." I said which I meant because Ashton would be in between classes and able to talk longer.

"You should go out or something. Call that lad from chemistry that keeps hitting on you." Calum suggested. I felt my heart tense at the mention of moving on and I wondered if Ashton has moved on already.

"Ben's coming home tonight so I'll just hang with him." I shrugged as Calum climbed from my bed.

"Well you enjoy that." Calum said pulling on his jacket and heading for the door.

"And you enjoy dinner with your boyfriend." I smirked, getting flipped off by Calum before he disappeared.

I fell back against my pillows with a heavy sigh and let my eyes close momentarily. I really missed Ashton today for some reason. For a couple weeks now our calls have been less and less with mostly just a text message to say good morning or good night. I feel us becoming more and more distant but I don't know what to do about it. Everything is changing for both of us but I'm trying hard not to let it get to me.

"Every night I almost call you just to say it will always be you." I said aloud and screwed my eyes shut, pained by my own words. Time escaped me as I laid there in deafening silence.

Just as I almost let myself fall asleep, I heard the garage door open beneath me signaling that my mother was home. With a tired sigh I pulled myself off my bed, tossing my notebook on my desk to head downstairs. My legs felt heavy as they moved down the stairs and carried me into the kitchen where my mom was putting away groceries. She smiled at me hopping up onto the counter before turning to the fridge.

"What are you up to today? It's Saturday shouldn't you be hanging out with the boys?" She asked with a smile.

"They are on a date." I pouted and my mom patted my leg softly.

"They are so cute. Well Ben should be home soon." My mom said happily and I nodded. I hopped from the counter and hugged my mom quickly before turning to leave the kitchen.