5

Ashton’s POV

The sun sneaking through my shut blinds was blinding me. I swear I closed them when I was up puking my fucking guts up about three hours ago. I knew better than to drink so much last night but I just wanted to get fucking Luke Hemmings off my mind. But to my dismay I ended up in his backyard at 2 this morning, whining to him about my damn problems. There are only a few people on this earth that know about all the shit that happened to me and Luke had his foot in the door now. Usually after I tell someone about all my dumb shit I feel awful and frankly, a little scared but not today. I may have been drunk but I still remember the way Luke’s smooth voice reasoned with me that maybe things aren’t so bad and maybe they weren’t to him but to me my life is one big shit storm. Maybe Luke wasn’t so bad after all. Or maybe you have a crush on him, the voice in my head suggested.

Nah, Ashton Irwin doesn’t do the crush thing, too much commitment and shit. Or maybe you’re afraid to be hurt; there is that voice again god I am never drinking again. Okay maybe I am a little scared. I'm pretty much incapable of showing feeling unless I'm drunk off my ass. My head felt like it was gonna explode and my body weighed at least a thousand pounds. I was just about to go grab some aspirin when my door swung open revealing Michael.

“Need these?” he asked, shaking the bottle of pain relievers.

“Yeah.” My voice practically croaked because of my desert dry throat.

“You still gonna be up to go to Nate’s tonight? You got pretty smashed last night.” He said as I dumped a few pills into my hand and swallowed them down with the water on my bedside table.

“Hell yeah man when have I ever turned down a party.” I admitted but in the back of my mind I knew partying was just filler for my emptiness.

“Okay man but I'm not holding your fucking hair again.” Michael joked and I fake laughed at him as he left the room. I'm so thankful for Mikey because he cheers me up like no one else can.

I sat down at my desk and put my throbbing skull against the cold wood hoping for some salvation. I groaned and decided to draw something until my headache went away. I glanced at the clock to see it was only mid-morning. Great I have a whole day to prepare to get super drunk again tonight. I needed light and I was too lazy to get up so I just reached up and yanked on the string to open the blinds. I winced at the bright light and rubbed my eyes until I stopped seeing spots. Damn that aspirin needs to kick in and fast. When I looked back up I saw Luke sitting on his bed messing around with his guitar. He looked so innocent which he probably is. I wonder what it’s like to be so blind to how shitty the world is. I bet he’s never even been to a party, like a real high school party. Maybe I should take him and get him drunk, let him have a little fun. Before I can even think I'm tearing a page out of my sketch book and writing ‘Number?’ on it with a black marker. Luke finally notices me holding up the paper and I watch as he scrambles around to grab a piece of paper. After a few minutes he holds up a paper with an arrangement of numbers on it and I type them into my dinosaur of a phone and send him a text.

We text back and forth for a little while and it’s settled that he’s going to meet me and Mikey at Nate’s house. I felt oddly…excited? It’s just a house party with Luke. But that’s the thing, it’s with Luke and there is just something about him that makes me wonder.

I decided that I’d have a shower to wash last night off and get ready for a fresh round of chasing away my problems with alcohol.

Luke’s POV

I asked my mom if I could go over to Calum’s because his gram’s party didn’t last as long as he had thought and she said yes. But little does she know I'm going to Nate’s huge house party. I’ve never lied to her before but since she works at night, she won’t know the difference. Crap I'm going to get caught; maybe this isn’t a good idea. Oh stop Luke kids do this all the time. I took a deep breath and began to coax my hair into some sort of style before throwing on a random t-shirt. I felt nervous. I’ve never drank before and I am terrified to. There was a knock at my door as I was pulling on my black converse.