White Clovered Dumplings

Natsu's POV

She doesn't care about herself...

Why...

Is it because of me.....?

I don't care...

She has to eat...

I grab Lucy by the arm and I sit down on the chair. I pull her in and she sits on my lap.

I put my food close to the edge of the table. I grab a spoon full of chicken soup and I bring it close to her mouth. "Lucy eat!" "No!" "Eat!" "No!" "Why don't you want to eat chicken soup! It's not the end of the world!"

"BECAUSE ITS THE LAST FOOD MY MOM HAD! Before she...before she..."

I put the spoon back in the bowl and I let her go. But she didn't get off. She had her hands on her lap. Looking at her hands. "Before she?" She started to cry. Now I feel bad. I shouldn't ask anymore. But I'm going to make her something to eat. Other than chicken soup or any chicken.

"Just tell me the truth. Are you hungry?" "Kinda...." "Then why didn't you tell me... Can you get off?" "O-Oh s-sure..." She gets off and says, "What are you going to do?" "Tell me something. What is your favorite food?" "Huh..." She thinks for a while. Why is she thinking for a while...Doesn't she know what her favorite food is....?

Lucy's POV

I am actually surprised. He really seems to care about how I eat. Hmm, the last food I actually enjoyed was...

Flashback
Lucy 11 years old.

My mom puts her hand on my forehead. "Oh, Lucy. You have a cold..." I sneeze. "I-I'm fine mom! I'm still going to school." "No Lucy you have to stay home... Now go up to your room and get changed into warm clothes like your PJs." I nod sadly and I head to my room. I got changed into my PJs and got into bed. I just paid there until my mom finally got back. "Ok, I called the bus driver and the school to tell them you are not going to school." "Thanks, Mom,"  I said sadly. "Honey I know it's your school field trip but you don't want to ruin everyone else's trip with you being sick right?" "Ya...I guess...." She looks sad. "Oh, I have an idea to cheer you, Sweetie!" Huh? She walks out happy. That's good...

Time went by and I fell asleep.

I wake up to see my mom with a plate in her hand. It smells amazing! But what is it?! "Honey eat these White Clovered Dumplings! They are delicious!" "Ok." I take the plate and I put on my bed. I grabbed one and I bite into it. My eyes started to sparkle. This is so good! I ate it more and more. "I guess you like it. My mother always made this for me if I'm sad or sick and I know you are feeling both right now. So I will make these more and more for you if you want them!" "Really?! Thanks, mom!" I hug and I make a big smile. Wow, I already feel better! That's amazing!

Flashback over

I smile a little and mumbled, "White Clovered Dumplings..." He looks at me and said, "What did you say?" I look up at him and said, "White Clovered Dumplings..." "Wow really?! My D-Dad always made those! (Mind) Not anymore at least... Do you want me to make them?" "R-Really?!" "Yup! My mom told me how to make them. Well, the Dragneel Recipe." "I-I will try them." "Good!"

Natsu started to get the rice, rice cooker, salt, and oil out.

He started to cook and was finished with the first part. Then he puts the rice in the rice cooker.

A few minutes later

The food was done and I was excited.

He bought the plate for me. "Now we can eat!" I nod as he sits down. I can tell he is waiting for me to eat. I try to ignore him looking at me but I can't. "Can you please stop looking at me while I'm going to eat?" He realized and said, "O-Oh Sorry. I'm just wondering if you like it or not..." "Don't worry I'm going to love it!" I ate some of it and my eyes sparkled. It reminds so much of my mom's but this one has little more salt in it. But it is still delicious! "Thanks, Natsu..." He blushes a little while having the soup close to his mouth. He turns so I won't look at him. "Y-Yeah no problem..." Heh, that's funny plus....cute... GAH WHAT AM I THINKING!?! But...he had been nice to me for a while out of the blue. I'm kinda confused but kinda happy that I have someone in my life again...

He eats quickly then suddenly he gets a call. "Oh, I will be right back! Just gotta answer the call." I nod my head, Yes and he walks away...

He walks into the hallway and I hear him yelling...

I went to the corner of the hallway to hear, "Shut up I'm not giving her to you! And how do you have my number?! Someone from the office?!! Ugh! Just delete my number and leave me and Lucy alone! I'm not going to EVER give her to you! Goodbye Jude! (he hangs up the call) Pain in the ass..." Why is he talking to my father?! He starts scratching the back of his head and said, "He's never going to get Lucy back...Now I have to deal with this... and he has guards looking around for her. Don't panic...Everything is going to be alright..."

No......

He is trying to take me back...

And Natsu is trying to protect me...

God, maybe I should leave soon and maybe go to my father soon...

Should I....?

God............

I'm so confused on what to do.....