The Color We Are

Natsu's POV

I run out of the hotel to see my people walking around. Geez, I can barely see anything! I shove people out of the way. Some were yelling, cursing, and even shoved me back. I don't care about that right now. I need to find Lucy...

I finally get on a sandy floor and I sigh of relief. Made out of that crowd alive!

I walk around the beach to see a blonde sitting down on many of those huge rocks that are between the ocean and sand.

She's just looking at the sunset horizon. She looks amazing..the sun matches with her hair and skins so much...

I walk over to the huge rocks and climb on top. It was actually many big rocks to climb. I say out of breathing, "Made it!" She looks at me. "Finally!" She says with a gentle smile.

I sit down next to her and I look at the sunset. "I'm so happy I got to see this again..." she says. "Yeah...I'm glad you did," I say with a smile still looking at the sunset. I turn around to see Lucy looking at me. "Hey, Natsu?" "Yeah?" "You are different here than work..how come?" I sigh heavily. "My father. He gave me the job during high school to be the manager of Dragneel Inc. He wouldn't let me turn down. I was forced to do it. But I'm used to it now. My father wants me to be at my "very best" so he put security cameras everywhere in the Dragneel Inc I go. So if I'm strict at work that probably why. I'm not really like that anymore but I'm like that when something gets me frustrated and angry." "Wow...okay..."

"So Lucy do you have any more questions for me?" "Actually...yeah..." She looks down and bites the lower part of her lip. "Um, why did you call my father 2 days ago...?" So she did hear that... "Your Dad was wondering why you were with me. He called me. And I said some answers truthfully and didn't lie to him. I just couldn't stop talking." "So you want to get rid of me? Just gonna give me to him?" "I was mad...in the car. I just let all my anger out through words with your father. I just want us to get along and be friends."

I just thought of the words, "be friends." I don't think I want that...Lucy probably does...

"Hey, Lucy?" She turns to me. "Y-Yeah?" I take out the box with the bracelet in it and I give it to her. I look away from her. "H-Here..." I can hear her opening it. There was silence. I peek over to her and she was crying. "I-I'm sorry..." she says while chuckling and wiping her tears away. "It's just no one gave a beautiful gift like this in years...Thank you!" She says with an actual smile.

"No problem! I just saw it and thought of you!" I say with a toothy smile

"No problem! I just saw it and thought of you!" I say with a toothy smile. She hugs me. "Thank you..for everything." She lets go of me and says, "You can ask me anything!" she says while putting the bracelet on her right waist. "...when your father came to my house why did he say "I haven't seen her in years!" She looked at me a little bit surprised but then cracks a little smile.

"I ran away..." What...

"What?! Why?!" "He hated me AND my mother. He wanted her dead in the first place. In middle school through high school, he kicked down the doors, hit me and my mother, and would take our money. After my mother died, I had no one else to rely on...to help me when I was hurt the most... when Sting became my boyfriend I was happy until he broke my heart...then when I met you again, you and the friends I had before kept me living again. I didn't eat because I wanted to die. I made the drawings on the wall to show my depression. The letters on the floor, I ignored everyone so I can try to die sooner but it didn't work... I really wanted to die Natsu...I really did...and I didn't care about the people around me at the time..." She looks at me. "You were the main reason I'm here today...you kept me living...and-." She takes something out of her pocket. "I owe you one, one day." She hands me, my credit card...Lucy had a smile on her face but was crying a little.

I hug her and I say, "You know what we forgot to do Lucy?" She looks up at me while she is hugging me. "You and I didn't tell each other our colors yet," I say with a serious face. I'm actually serious about this...

Lucy's POV

"You and I didn't tell each other our colors yet." He says with a serious face. He actually wants to do this. I look around to find a color. But I mainly look at the sunset. Sunset reminds me of him. The personality is perfect. They are exactly the same...

He says, "Do you want to go first?" "O-Oh! Sure..." I take a deep breath in and I point to the sunset. "You are that..." He looked confused. "You are a sunset.... the reddish color in a sunset reminds me of your fiery personality. The yellow reminds me of your cheery side... the orange reminds me for some reason how calm you are about the worst things to happen. Sometimes in a sunset, the purple shadings remind me of how sad you get sometimes. With your father and personal stuff, you don't want to talk about it. And the pink...(I smile) the pink is my favorite side that shows the love and caring side of you...you're loving to me and friends... and that's an amazing color..." He just looks at me amazed. "That's really nice of you Lucy...." He says while blushing and smiling.

"For some reason now and when I see you...I thought you were the color clear. Clear may or may not be a color. You can't tell...it's a mystery. Like you. When I first saw you again, you were completely different. You used to be this sassy annoying girl that didn't give a fuck about what I have to say. Now you are this shy girl that does nice things for me. It's a mystery about how much you keep things from others you don't want to share...and you mig still have some. More mysteries to come and go then. I will have to find for myself along if clear is actually a color...."

I look at him and he smiles. "I have to find out more don't I?" He says with smiling and a giggle. I smile. "Yeah...I guess you do.."

I chuckle a little and I look at him.

Everything began to go silent. All we can hear is the wind flowing through.

We were getting closer and closer to each other until we were a few inches away from each other. We both still didn't say anything.

Natsu moves closer to me and places his hand on my left cheek. He whispers lightly, "Please don't ruin the moment..." He moves closer to me then he kisses me. And I close my eyes put my right hand on his shoulder and I kiss him back.