16. Not Again

Him...

God, this is the hardest thing I have ever done. Convincing Lauren that I no longer want our spontaneous 'meetings,' and that I no longer have any interest in occasionally sleeping with her, was like convincing a five year old to get a degree in biotechnology.

It took me hours to get her off of me and out of my office. I kept looking at the clock, and God I wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as I fucking could.

Emma was waiting for me but this woman couldn't stop begging. If this was another time I would have done her in ten minutes, but all I want is to get to Emma and have lunch with her, since I can finally do that. She must be starving, it's six already.

I made my way to dad's office where Kayla told me they were. I got in and found dad, Bob and Jake sitting on the two brown leather sofas with a couple of folders open on the table in the middle.

"Where is Emma?" I frowned when I couldn't see her as well.

"She left." Bob stated.

"What? Why?" I walked over to them in a hurry.

"She got bored, waiting for you to finish doing Lauren." Jake snapped obviously mad at me, and I started getting angry myself.

"I wasn't doing Lauren. What the hell are you talking about?"

"She spent three hours waiting for you to finish your meeting, son. Then she realized that it wasn't... work related." Dad explained sadly.

"What? No, I wasn't sleeping with her!" I raised my voice a notch.

"Then what took you so long?" Jake stood up and faced me.

"I was breaking it off with her." I clenched my jaw.

"Are you telling the truth?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I was losing my patience as I explained. "Yes. What is wrong with you, Jake? You know how much I want Emma, and now that I finally have her around, the last thing I'll do is sleep with another woman!"

"She doesn't know that, son." Bob stood up and so did dad.

"Well, where did she go?" Running a hand through my hair, I wondered.

"We don't know. She just left. She said that she'll be thinking about tomorrow then we'll see." Dad said.

"See what?" I asked in a heartbeat.

"Whether she's coming tomorrow or not." Bob replied.

"What the hell do you mean, Bobby? You don't even know if she's coming tomorrow or not?!" I started to panic.

I can't believe I let her slip through my fingers again. No matter how hard I try to hold on to her, somehow I still end up holding on to nothing at all.

"Well, we're not the one who had her waiting for three hours while we were with another woman." Jake snapped again and as thin as my patience was I took a deep breath to remain calm.

"I told you it wasn't like that."

"It's not the right time for that now. Dean, just chill. Hopefully she'll come back tomorrow." Bob patted my shoulder.

"Hopefully? I'm not gonna wait till tomorrow to see. Do you know where she went?" I asked but they shook their heads. "Where she lives? Her cell phone number? Anything at all?"

"She didn't have a file this morning; we don't know much. Just her name though, Emma Stinson." Dad informed.

"Fine, I'll find her." I promised as I turned to the door.