58. A Chance At Happiness

Her...

"Do you think she'll want to see him?" I asked Dean once he started the car, admiring how hot he looked in a dark blue V neck and worn-out jeans.

"Honestly, no. I don't think she'll want to see him at all at first. But we'll try to convince her to hear his side of the story as well as reason with her that if her son was also his then he deserves to know. She can't keep that from him and if she will we won't." He shook his head and I agreed.

If Drake has a son he deserves to know, that was true. He would be a great father to him as well. But what if he's not his son and actually John's? That's what I truly fear the most.

"We're here. She lives in that building. Apartment twenty five." Dean pointed at the building across the street from where he had parked.

"Well, let's go." I shrugged.

"We can't just knock on her door and expect her to serve us tea and cake, baby. She'll freak out, she could actually call the cops." He explained.

"You're right. Let's wait for her here then, I'm sure she'll come down." I hoped, looking at the building's entrance when I heard Dean gasp. I turned to look at him.

"I'll be damned." He smirked. I followed his gaze ahead to find Jessica walking towards the building, carrying grocery bags.

"Drake is not with her. Perfect opportunity." I stated and he nodded approvingly for me to get out of the car. I waited for him to reach me then we made our way to her. She caught us a few feet away and stopped at her tracks.

God, I hope this works.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" She frowned in worry, yet trying to be polite.

"Hi, Liz. I'm truly sorry if we are introding, but we need to talk." I smiled as sweetly as I could for her to know that we weren't the bad guys, as if it was that easy.

"About what?" She narrowed her eyes at me then at Dean then at me again.

"Look, let's just go grab coffee anywhere you'd like and we'll explain everything there. And if you don't like what we have to say, all you have to do is say the word and we will not bother you again." Dean promised sweetly. She took a deep breath, weighing her options, then nodded.

"Let me just text my sister first." She announced and we nodded as well. A few minutes later, she put her phone back in her pocket then told us to walk with her to the coffee house around the street's corner.

"How's Drake?" I asked as we walked.

"He's alright." She simply replied then looked back ahead. Dean offered to carry the bags for her but she refused with a short polite smile.

Well, this is going to be awkward..

We finally arrived at the coffee house before the waiter came with our orders, and then my heart started to pick up its pace.

"So, what is this about? And how did you find me?" She asked, resting her hands on the table between us and her.

"Well, I will answer all your questions in a few seconds. Let me just begin by saying that I honestly believe you're a great woman, to raise such an adorable child on your own. I really admire everything you have done for him." I smiled.