62. Not Like This

Her...

Anna and Lizzy had arrived and went directly into the kitchen with Nadia and Jackie, making me jealous that I knew nothing about cooking.

I on the other hand have spent the last hour straightening my wavy hair and choosing a fabulous dress for tonight. Because tonight my mom is coming over to dinner. Because tonight I'm going to tell Dean that I'm pregnant. Because tonight means so much to me.

I decided to wear an off-white silk dress that reached the floor, with a low V neck, and a simple gold necklace that my daddy had given me on my eighteenth birthday. I wore the matching earrings as well, and painted my nails with a creamy color. I put on some mascara, eyeliner and a hint of golden highlighter to my cheeks that went perfectly with my skin tone and some nude lipstick. My look was very simple yet It made me feel amazing, and I needed that confidence. I walked over to the mirror and rested my hand on my stomach.

I know I'm so scared to have you, but I promise you that no one is going to love you more than daddy and me. And even though I'm terrified, I honestly can't wait to tell him.

I hope everything goes well for Drake too. He must be already with Jessica by now. I hope she tells him about little Drake. Dean said they were meeting in a playground so It makes sense that she will bring her son along. I hope Drake takes the news perfectly well and convinces her that he still loves her, and I really hope she forgives him. Maybe little Drake could have a young sister or a brother in a few months from now.

I just want tonight to go perfectly. I'm already worried about Drake and Jessica, about my pregnancy and breaking the news to Dean and everyone elso for that matter, and about my mom meeting the Parkers. I feel like a nervous wreck, on the verge of breaking down at any moment. I honestly have never been more stressed.

A knock on the door grabbed my attention. I checked myself out one last time in the mirror before turning towards the door.

"Come in." I announced. The door opened to show me an extraordinarily handsome Dean with an amazing bouquet of red roses in his hand.

Why did he get me flowers? Does he know?

No. I'm just paranoid.

"Wow." He raised both his eyebrows as he took me in, head to toe.

"You like?" I smiled, turning around to show him the back of the dress. Thankfully, its cut was not as low the last dress I turned to show him so he only smiled further.

"You're breathtakingly beautiful." He stated, making his way to me in a black suit that flexed perfectly around his muscles and a white shirt that I wanted to rip off him.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I smiled, my heart skipping a beat.

"Here, for the most beautiful woman on the planet." He handed me the amazing flowers. I took in their scent and grinned wider.

"What are these for?" I asked with a confused look as he turned me around and wrapped his arms around me from behind. We were standing in front of the mirror and I couldn't help the blush that escaped me when I remembered the last time we stood like that.

"Because I love you, and I want to spoil you. You're my babygirl, do you know that?" He smiled childishly and I instantly wished our child would take that adorable smile from his or her father.