60. Alive

Him...

"David, thank you for having me on such short notice." I smiled as he motioned for me to get inside. Their house was beautiful. Two stories with a small garden that I could imagine a little Emma running around in,and a back yard.

"Of course. You had me a bit worried, if I'm honest with you. Have a seat." David took a seat and so did I.

"Dean. Welcome to our home." Mrs. Stinson came down the stairs, looking as beautiful as her daughter.

"Thank you for having me, Mrs. Stinson." I got up and have her a quick hug.

"You can call me Grace, honey." She smiled before taking a seat next to her husband.

What a change of behavior. I wonder if what I've told her back in London made her actually like me.

"You have a lovely home." I smiled nervously.

"Thank you. I can't wait to show you Emma's room." David chuckled, wearing black pants and a gray shirt.

"Speaking of, why didn't she come with you? Is she still mad at me about earlier? You have to understand that it was rather a shock to see her with a totally different man back there, especially when we had absolutely no clue that she had broken up with Matthew." Grace explained herself, straightening her chiffon pink blouse and I smiled in response.

"I totally understand, and If I had a daughter I would've probably reacted the same way. However, I came by to ask you a very important question, but I need to explain to you how much I love your daughter before I do just that." I started, impatient to get their blessing as well.

"O-kay.." David frowned at me and I swollowed.

"First of all, Emma doesn't know that I'm here. I wanted to talk to you first before everything else." I informed.

"I'm starting to get a little worried. Is everything okay?" Grace shifted in her seat and I couldn't blame her.

I suck at introductions..

"Everything is perfect. Everything is more than perfect actually. Ever since I met your daughter, my whole life has changed. I was an entirely different person back then. I know that it has been only fifteen days since then, but I need you to understand that my love for her is not measured in time at all." I started to explain.

"The moment I laid eyes on her I felt something so new to me that made me know for sure that she was different. I went out of my way to get to know her better, and for the first time in my life I felt like I couldn't breathe properly when she wasn't around. It scared the life out of me at first, because yes, it was too soon and too foriegn for me, but I have succumbed to it and accepted the fact that this woman is changing me in more ways than I thought possible." I spoke truthfully, rubbing my sweaty palms together.

"All those feelings weren't easy for us at the beginning, we were both scared and confused and I got her mad at me more times than I could count, but every time that happened she stuck around and gave me a chance to fix it, and I'm so glad that she didn't give up on me or got fed up. I know I'm not an easy person to deal with and I'm far from perfect, but every day I wake up and promise myself that today I will do my hardest to be the best man I could be for her." I looked them in the eyes, trying to make them see how I meant every word.

"She made me a better person than I even thought I wanted to become. Your daughter has become the air I breathe and if you please try to put the factor of time out of the equation and give me your blessing, I will live the rest of my life trying every way I know possible to make your daughter happy. I know it's too soon, I know, but it doesn't matter, because she is it for me. Yesterday, today or five years from now, I love her all the same. And as long as she's by my side and happy with me, I want nothing else out of this life. So with your blessing, I would like to ask her to marry me." I finished, sweating. They both blinked at me before David was the first to speak.