59. A Perfect Plan

Her...

"Come on already, you eat like a turtle." Drake rushed Dean to finish eating, and I smiled at how impatient he was to hear what we had to say.

"Alright, god!" Dean dropped the napkin on the table and led us to the living room. We sat down then started our story.

"Well, Jessica is back in town. She lives nearby with Elizabeth." Dean stated and I nodded.

"Did you meet her? How is she?" He asked.

"Scared. Honestly, she's terrified. But I told her that she didn't have to worry about John anymore." I explained.

"Did she say anything about me?" He asked, hope rising in his brown eyes.

"Honestly, man, she said that she made herself a promise never to see your face again. But I'm sure Emma got to her." Dean replied truthfully.

"What did you say?" He frowned at me.

"I told her to give you a chance to explain yourself. To give herself at chance to hear you out. I promised her that if given the chance you will try your best to make everything up to her, and if she does hear you out she might finally have the happiness that you two deserve." I replied with a smile.

"Well, what did she say? Will she hear me out?" He asked, at the edge of his seat.

"Dean gave her his number and told her to take her time to think. But she will come around, Drake. I know it." I nodded.

Fate always has a way around..

"But you have to understand, Drake, that for years she believed only that you let her down. She trusted you, but instead you chose to walk away from her. She doesn't have the slightest clue that in your own way you were trying to protect her from further heartache. She doesn't know that what you have done was out of love. It's not going to be easy convincing her that." I looked at his hazel brown eyes, trying to prepare him. He sighed and leaned back in his seat with a frown.

"Don't sulk, dude. I too believe that she will come around. Sooner or later, she'll call and we'll set a meeting for you too. But meanwhile, you have to think of what you'll say to her. You have to come up with a goodass apology." Dean insisited.

"I will tell her the truth. That I was a fucking coward and made the wrong decision, and have regreted it since. I will tell her that not a single day has passed without me missing her so much, and hating myself for ever letting her go. I will tell her that I will wait for her as long as she needs me to, until she finally forgives me. I will not fucking let her out of my sight again. But only if she gives me a fucking chance." He decided, and I beamed.

"She will. I know she will." I grinned before Dean's cellphone rang.

"Excuse me, I have to take this. Yes, kayla?" He said awkwardly before rushing back to the kitchen.

"What's wrong with your man?" Drake raised an eyebrow.

"We'll see." I shook my head at Dean's total inability to become discreet.

Him...

"Alright, Kayla, email me his bank account and I'll transfer him the money right away. And remember, don't breathe a word about this to anyone?" I said before hanging up, then going through my contacts and dialing another number.