64. Out Of Love

Him...

I ran back to Jake's, praying God that I would find Emma in our room, so we could talk this out. I yanked the door open and ran inside.

"So? Where's our bride?" Bobby asked once I came in view and I frowned deeper.

"What happened? What's wrong?" Jake must have noticed the look on my face because he was instantly by my side.

"Is she here?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"What do you mean? She was with you. What happened, son?" Dad asked, standing up, and I couldn't stop my eyes from watering a little.

"She left. She fucking left." I let out.

"I don't understand. Just tell us what happened." Jake urged.

"I don't know. I don't get it. I asked her to marry me and she said no. She said no and she ran and I ran after her but she was no where to be found. She fucking disappeared. She said no." I shook my head and decided that I needed to have a seat.

"Here, drink this." Bobby passed me a glass of water and I drank the whole thing.

Emma said no. And now she's gone.

"Something is not right." Jake shook his head.

"She said no, man. I mean, even if she thinks it's too soon, why would she leave? Why wouldn't she just talk to me, tell me she wants to wait? Yes, that would've sucked but I would've understood. I would have fucking waited for as long as she needed me to. Why did she just leave? Just like that?" I spit the words like they were venomous because they kind of were.

"Dean, did she say anything else?" Jake asked.

"No. Not a single thing, Jake. She just said 'no, not like this', and ran out of the house. Not like what? I mean, even if my proposal had sucked, still not enough reason to say no to marrying me. Have I been so fucking delusional, reading into this relationship more than what it actually is?" I shook my head, standing up.

I have a lot to think about. A lot to set straight with myself..

"Oh, no. Hold on. 'Not like this', she said?" Jake asked, walking to face me and I nodded with a frown.

"Holy shit. I think I understand now. This is a fucking messed up misunderstanding, man. Shit, she got it all wrong." Jake ran his hands through his hair and started pacing, making my heart skip a beat.

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?" I instantly asked.

"She's.. she's confused. She thought you were proposing for different reasons. Just talk to her, okay? You just need to talk because you two misunderstood one another." Jake shook his head again, taking off his tie.

"Well, enlighten me. What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked, harsher than I intended.

"Fuck, man. I'm sorry. I can't." Jake looked me in the eyes with a frown.

"What do you mean you can't? Jake, what the fuck are you talking about?" I asked again, taking a step closer to him.

"We want to understand too, son." Max said and Bobby nodded in agreement.

"I can't. I'm so sorry, Dean, but you have to talk to her. Trust me." Jake said and I honestly felt like punching him in the face.

"I called her a thousand times but she doesn't want to pick up. She said no and fucking ran out on me, Jake. If you know something, say it, goddamn it!" I yelled and he ran his hands through his hair once more.

"This is so fucking messed up." He mumbled and then my phone rang. I pulled it out from my pocket quickly, hoping it was Emma, but it was only Drake.