55. A Terrible Mistake

Her...

"Hold on. You mean to tell me that you didn't even give her a chance? You just decided to leave her like that?" I asked, shaking my head at the terrible mistake he had committed.

"Yes, I.." he trailed off, running a hand through his brown hair.

"That was a terrible mistake, Drake. No wonder she didn't want to see you after. You should've been there for her. You just decided on you own that she wouldn't want anything to do with you." I stated, calmly.

"Put yourself in her shoes, Emma, would you? Would you want to see my face again?" He looked me in the eyes and my heart ached for him.

"Actually, yes. Yes, I would. She would have, Drake. Think about it, she had been raped, by your brother. What do you think her main source of support would be once she wakes up? You." I reasoned.

"Like you said, my brother. She would've thrown me out herself." He insisted.

"Then be it. Even if she would have done that, then be it. It was her choice, Drake, not yours. You didn't even give her a chance. You didn't show her that she could count on you, that as fucked up as your relationship had been, you still wanted her. No, you chose to actually make her believe that she was now damaged goods, and you want nothing to do with her to the point that you'd actually let her wake up alone, without even saying goodbye. That was a terrible, terrible mistake." I shook my head as I got up and started pacing in front of him.

How on earth are we going to fix this?

"Well, I was a coward. I was. That's why I tried to see her three weeks after I realized what a major dick I had been, but Lizzy wouldn't let me." He shrugged.

"Of course she wouldn't. If Jessica had any self respect at all, she wouldn't want to look at your face again." I mumbled.

"Alright, Emma." He glared.

"I'm sorry." I sighed as I sat back down.

"It's fine. It was a long time ago, anyway." He smiled bitterly.

"How long ago?" I asked, hopeful to prove my theory further.

"Almost five years. She must be happily married by now." He shook his head with a look that assured me he still loved her and I knew my answer.

I will fix this. No matter what, I will. If she didn't want to see his face again like he feared, she wouldn't have kept his child or called him Drake. And she didn't mention anything about another guy when I met her earlier. This actually might be fixable.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked carefully.

"Sure." He frowned at my question.

"If you saw her again.. if you had another chance. What would you do?" I watched his expressions soften and a sad smile paint itself on his lips.

"I would tell her how sorry I am for being the world's greatest asshole. That I knew that I hurt her as much as John did, if not fucking worse, and I hated myself for it everyday since. And that If she would allow me, I would do absolutely anything she wants me to do in order for her to forgive me." He took a deep breath and my eyes started to water.

"But I know that would never happen, because she fell from the surface of the earth years ago. I tried to keep tabs on her sister too but couldn't. I heard that Lizzy gave birth to a boy and moved to England or something like that, but then she too fell off the radar, so now I have absolutely no way to find her. And I won't try." He shook his head.

"Why not?" I frowned.

"Because I know she wouldn't want to see me or have anything to do with me." He shrugged, hazel eyes turning darker with sadness.