54. Long Gone Love

Her...

"More than you know." I gave him a quick hug.

"Well, dinner is ready, and you look like you're about to faint." He turned to Dean, "have you been starving her?" He accused.

"Believe it or not, I have missed you, douchebag." Dean smiled broadly before sharing the usual painful hug of theirs.

"I told you to bring me along, but no, you had to play the hero and take her to see her father all on your own." He shrugged smugly.

"Oh, right." Max interrupted, "I'm planning a Welcome Home gathering for your father once he comes back, Emma. I think it's a great way for us to meet your parents, what do you think?"

I think a part of me loves you so much for it, and another wishes that my mother wouldn't come..

Who knows, maybe when she does she could finally see that my choices in life aren't so bad, that I am actually happy and that i have wonderful people around me, who truly love and care for me.

"I think that would be great, Max. Thank you." I gave him another hug.

"Dinner is ready." Nadia came out of the dinning room with a smile to announce before heading to the kitchen.

Here it goes..

"Oh, I'm starving." Jake rushed to take his seat and I noticed that Alex sat to his right, just like the last time.

"You have your concentrating face on. What's up?" Drake asked as he took a seat on my left.

"Nothing." I shrugged as I lifted my fork.

"Something is on your mind. Spill." He pulled his fork with a piece of sauteed carrot to his mouth.

Here is my chance.

"It's just that woman I met earlier today. Her name was Liz." I observed his reaction. He didn't flinch.

"What about her?" He shrugged with a frown.

"I don't know. She was acting weird. As if she was hiding from someone. We were talking and then suddenly she was in such a hurry to leave, babbling about a place she remembered she has to be. Something wasn't right." I explained truthfully.

"And of course, the little detective in you couldn't just let the poor woman be and you decided to shove your cute little nose in her business. Am I correct?" He mocked me.

"No." I narrowed my eyes at him, playing with my food.

"Right." He chuckled.

"It's just that I want to help her." I shrugged.

"What makes you think she needs help?" He frowned.

"She has a little kid. His name is Drake actually." I pushed with a smile and narrowed eyes.

"Oh, yeah? He must be chockingly handsome as I am." He smirked like a jerk.